mcfly94

Can 5.0L injection (of eb/ed/ef/el/au) be fitted to any 302?

Nicely done. I'm in SA too. What did you have to do to rego it as an 8? Did they care that it was a windsor and whether it was injected?

I know this is old but I want to correct XPTCrossy. All AU V8s were GT40P headed with explorer manifolds. None of the E7/HO stuff. Still had shit exhaust manifolds though aside from XR8.

Right, there you go I always thought otherwise for some reason. Either way E7/HO gear is crap and better off being melted down into something good.

The only reason I would keep the e7s and ho manifold was for a low cost turbo set up.

You can't give that shit away, I'm sure if I cut my lungs out and put them on the 5.0 it would breath better.

in saying that, the fox body mustangs went ok with them, but are about 200kg lighter than the eb etc.

So you havent had to take it to regency? And its still regoed? Just changed engine number and changed to 8 cylinders? Sounds too easy!

Yep!!

Only because the zk was released with an 8

Cruisy. That means you could get away with a carby on it too if you wanted. Just interested as I have a ZK and I've been thinking about driveline options.

I thought they cared what year too, from what I read of yours it was an 83? They stopped the V8s in 82 so thats another bonus for you. Mines an 82 so I guess it wouldn't matter either way.

What did you do about the auto shifter? I want to keep the console all standard.

Where did you mount the ECU? Much trouble getting the looms matched up? Did you use a smartlock bypass or J3 chip?

I did think about carb, but i wanted something different, more reliable and better drivability. When you start modifying you sacrifice something. I would strongly advise doing your homework before even contemplating an efi conversion. Ive had quite a bit of small issues that have been hard to diagnose. If i could go back and start again. I would go carb. The amount of money ive invested, i could of had a 450hp stroker. Instead i have a 180rwkw engine. Mind you the bottom end is stock.

Mines a 1984, but v8 was still an option before the release of the ZL/XF. If you want to do an efi conversion in a ZL/XF. You can. Just cant go from efi to carb.

Im running a btr 4 speed from the same car (ED XR8)

My console is still standard. Hasnt been modified.

The engine and trans ECU are mounted in the passenger footwell. I used a NC Fairlane loom with ECU and J3 chip.