Sign in to follow this  
Scottee XDFwreck

Was a mint 73 cortina till the engine bay caught fire

A salesman at work owns this cortina, i helped push it in the shed out of the weather  :( wish i had the space for another project, it would be in there allready! any questions that you don't want to ask the owner let me no http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Cortina-XL-1973-4D-Sedan-3-SP-Automatic-2L-Carb-/300917433825?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item461013a5e1&_uhb=1

is the cause the fuel pipe coming out of the carby(press fit)

20 years ago i had 2 mates both have thier cortinas catch fire(one burned to the ground completely) due to that pipe and i used a carby from one once and as i was joining fuel hose on i pulled the pipe out of the carby..
good lesson for anyone that has one... check the hose fitting on the carby, and carry a fire extinguisher.

looks fixable easy enough though,

burnitwithfire link doesn't work in 2022

How much does he want for it?

I was the first to offer 1000, then the crazy pom service manager offered 3000, so now the owner thinks its worth 5k & i think thats what the reserve is??? dreamer!!!

is the cause the fuel pipe coming out of the carby(press fit)

20 years ago i had 2 mates both have thier cortinas catch fire(one burned to the ground completely) due to that pipe and i used a carby from one once and as i was joining fuel hose on i pulled the pipe out of the carby..

good lesson for anyone that has one... check the hose fitting on the carby, and carry a fire extinguisher.

looks fixable easy enough though,

yep fuel hose was what the fireies said