SIKXE8

would you recommend a crate motor?

dude that power level can be made so easily now with off the shelf bits. just order the pieces yourself and give it to a builder.

won't even need a solid cam.....

or order a pavtek short and throw a top end on, even easier

Hi Thanos,

These eBay adds are like an impulse buy for someone who wants to buy an easy optioned motor.

I have done it myself and I would not recommend it to anyone as I bought someone else's (engine build) motor complete with $18k worth of receipts it was too good to be true as it was stated to be a Hydrolic 560HP as It happened to be 500HP solid motor which I ended up parting away as it wasn't a good built engine combo.

My recommendation would be to go and see and an engine builder if your after a 450-500HP motor.

He will ask you want you want from your engine?

Do you want to drag it?

Do you want a cruiser?

What gearbox and diff gears do you have in your car and what will suit the engine, you have options that you will be able to choose what you want from your combo

These are just some of the questions you will be asked from an engine builder as once you start its something you will think long and hard, it not an easy change over as I've just completed my engine build project after the car has been off the road for 6 years.

This is from my experience, if you have any questions just ask.

Cheers

Nickd

Procomp is awesome thanos go for it.

My knockoff Bosch dizzy has a "speed hole" in the vac advance diaphragm, only took 500 k's of driving to get this awesome feature working. I didnt buy the dizzy, It already came with the engine... Bonus!

Thanks P--C--p!

Pro comp I would not recomend .......I personally used there products just for the excercise and nothing measures up.......we used the rotating assembly and heads for a young bloke and nothing but inferior products with no warranty or costomer service ........this was apaid job but people dont take the correct advice....

It all sounds good when you read up such as 408 stroker alloy heads hbeam rods etc and has no name brand . A bit like buying a set of tyres.....brand name or no name . If a standard 351 cost to reco approx 2500 to 3000 dollars thats assembled and has a mark up ofabout 30% how do you build 450 hp for 8000dollars the maths dont add up.

Do this qoute parts alone from rocket vpw summit etc ....then qoute up boaring block balancing etc...then you can make a decission.. good luck cheaper isnt always better