Panko

crossflow balancer

Hi guys, 

I have a freshly built crossflow ive purchased for my wagon. I just need to purchase a few bits to finish it off

It didnt come with a balancer. 

What does everyone recommend for a new balancer? 

Its running a Crow 14892 Camshaft, which is 215 @ .50 for both intake and exhaust, power from 1800 - 4500rpm. 

ACL pitons

balanced

Now im aware that if the engine has been balanced, and it hasnt come with a balancer, would that mean I need to rebalance the engine? 

TIA

xflows are internally balanced so not really an issue, just a good stock one will do, Or the HB1021N is a XF stock replacement (suits 4 bolt P/S pulley) or PB1021ST for a street series, if a 3 bolt P/S pulley then HB1007N or PB1007ST(street),

I have the PB1021ST in my XF but it does make power to 6000ish

1 minute ago, FORD_MAN said:

xflows are internally balanced so not really an issue, just a good stock one will do, Or the HB1021N is a XF stock replacement (suits 4 bolt P/S pulley) or PB1021ST for a street series, if a 3 bolt P/S pulley then HB1007N or PB1007ST(street),

I have the PB1021ST in my XF but it does make power to 6000ish

Ok that makes me feel a little better. 

Ill tend to go the better parts just for peace of mind. 

Ill end up running stronger push rods even though i dont necessarily need them.  

It appears to also have adjustable timing gear. it is double row timing chain. 

I didnt build the engine, bought it built. 

1 minute ago, FORD_MAN said:

knowing soft xflow pushrods, you'll want at least hardened ones,

timing gears & chain is common upgrade, single row chain isn't the best & stretch, my XF ute's was worn out & had only done 182,000km

@CHESTNUTXE Yes Romac 0222(XF) 0217(XE),

yeah was just looking at Crow hardened rods. 

yep. the engine was built for straight LPG turbo. but im going to be running it n/a for a while. 

the timing gear year is double row chain, and i noticed tonight it has what looks like timing marks stamped into it with locating slots all the way around it at 2 degree increments + and - 

Just a thought on Balancers, does anyone know if the Falcon 6 cylinder Balancers are all the same.  I know the belt type and reluctors are different,  but can a Barra or OHC fit on a xflow? Is the seal area the same size and crank snout the same between all of the Aussie 6’s?

Looking up power bond balancer PB1021ST (XF) & PB1432ST (EF) crank bore both 31.71mm Nose diamiter (seal ID) 44.45mm(XF) 44.43mm(EF) OD 174.5/172.5mm width 64.8mm/74mm

as far as I know size is same for prexflow 250 as xflow,