LUVAV8AU

Best exhaust?

I have a 220kw Windsor AU XR and have just bought a set of 4001 Pacemakers which are currently getting a ceramic coating. The cats are stock & run into single 2.5'' system. I was wondering if any of you have put extractors on a v8 through a single 2.5''? The motor is stock, I don't want to replace the cats and the only off the shelf systems are from Manta in WA who offer the 3'' singke or dual 2.5'', both of which are too big for my taste. I want a nice sound & to take advantage of the low down torque these motors have, and I hope the 2.5'' single with one or two nice Magnaflows will give me what I want. A few suggest a custom dual two & a quarter inch but that adds around $1100. I have my rear IRS bushes to do in 6 months time, so I want to keep costs down if possible. Appreciate advice from those who have done systems on these motors. Cheers Cameron.

Personally if I was going to the expense of fitting headers I would ditch the factory size cats, and run the single 3 inch or dual 2.5 to get the benefits of the headers.
I think a 2.5 single is too small for a
220kw windsor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wagon has what is essentially an au 220kw Windsor in it (It's not actually one I built it using an el block and au parts) when I bought the car it has a single 2.5 exhaust on it, it now has a twin 2.25 with an x pipe and straight through mufflers, the twin exhaust sounds better, goes better and is better on fuel than the single 2.5 was

[/url]