CHESTNUTXE

Crossflow do's and dont's.

Nason fuck me had no end of dramas with those fucking things in 4.0's

theyre a lifter with a built in tick from new 

Agreed. My mechanic binned them when he done my cam. Went with stock ones.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

imho the first part I would spend money on an XFLOW would be the following:

Exhaust, Ignition (MSD with XF dizzy), cam and here are the reasons

Exhaust, this is really bad on a stock car, the tailpipe is smaller than the carb, i think it's the same size as 1 carb throat and there are two, you can pick up around 35hp with a good exhaust with nothing else but you will have to up the jets on the carb, if you put a 2.5" exhaust with headers you would think the car is worse than before, flatspot on take off and just not as much torque but this is because it now runs lean, you need to check and will find out that you need quite a bit more fuel, once this is done she will fry the rear end on take offs...from the exhaust alone

Ignition, this is another weak point, the chopper wheel dizzy has more play than the other and it's not very stable, the MSD makes the engine come alive, much smoother to rev and more drivable overall

Cam, the stock cam and lifters are made of cheese, they wear out extremely quick and give you a nice lumpy cam sound/feel but robs a lot of power and will eventually bend pushrods. Isky or Crower lifters are good, would not buy anything else

when it comes to valve train this are my go to parts and i have never had any fail

Rockers: Comp 1830-16, Lifters: Isky SO382-H or Crower cool face

both items are bulletproof and have never seen them fail, both are steel and not the lightest around but they will serve you well, I never liked alloy rockers with flat tappets or solid roller 

i need to find a tfi dizzy and get the msd box and coil,just been reading other threads wooooo so much tech there,so the tfi dizzy only came on the inj crossy right ?

the est dissy didn't have the TFI module on the side, but i think i read somewhere it can be used also but no idea how on either ..

the EFI one has the TFI module on it.(efi from XF onwards)

edit.. found a pic i posted yonks ago.. might help?

Dizzyfromdizzys.jpg

31 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

ok so can you sell me one dean

i had about 10 dizzys 5 yrs ago.. pretty sure they got sold as a bulk lot for $50 .. i have almost nothing left ford wise..
Mark (extreme karts xf) might have one ?

i bought a ef-el flywheel,i will take it down to ol.m8 and get him to drill it out to suit the older crank n bolts,also get it re surfaced and maybe some weight taken out of it.

This dizzy looks the same as the tfi one i bought althou just the est plug is different can someone confirm its the same xf dizzy b4 i pull it apart because the shaft is much better on this one.pWLuJ92e.jpg