CHESTNUTXE

RECO2 CLEVO

Looks like i will have to bite the bullet and get the block bored and new pistons sp555 060 around $300,rings $70 and $300 for the bore and hone ,may as well chuck some cam bearings in there as well ,oh and some bearings $140,so we are looking at $900 odd.

Yes these 2 barrel manifolds are very rare and only came on the 1974-75 2 barrel 351c with red rocker covers and a 2 barrel carb,ford was looking for better fuel consumption so i have been told,check the dominator style adaptor lol.WP_20161108_10_39_09_Pro_zpss5i8fsjs.jpg

another thing to watch when soughting out the waterpump bolts is 2 have a factory style washer on them so when you do the bottom alternator bolt up no water leaks out of the bolt maybe put a little sealer when doing the bolt up,because the pump is alloy you cant do em up to tight otherwise they will strip easy.WP_20161109_15_10_39_Pro_zpsiqvwf1ep.jpg

so now comes the decision to keep the 351c crank n rods or keep the 302 crank n rods at 040 ,im intending on selling the engine when finished so i might keep the crank for the std bore block and use one of the sets of 302 rods and get the hypatec short pistons for the 6'' rod combo.

Just local cast crank ,circa mid 70's,the normal 351 crank in the usa had 4MA cast into them and 4MA-B for selected models,but the whole argument for 45 years is the std crank is proberley as good as the 4ma-b,all of them are good to around 450hp

I took the block down to the machine shop and it checks out for reco,hot tank or acid bath ,hone,cam bearings,and welsh plugs.Then we can decide if we are going to use the 351 crank n rods or keep the build as a 302.Keeping in mind we are using the closed chamber heads ,might be a bit stout at 10.7.1 with the 351 combo.