2redrovers

Custom bodywork and design ideas

Always had a weird idea, of cutting the roof off an FC LTD.  Need to crop the windscreen down about 5 inches, raise the door about the same to match the height of the rear quarter to the front guard, move the door jamb back 3 or 400 mm, maybe even find some XA 1/4 vent windows.

Not much good with photoshop, even worse with panel beating. But, if i had some spare time and a few grand to play with........who knows.??

FD%20LTD%20convertable.png

Any chance you could try and put these wheels into my XD.

I am going to order them, just unsure of the centre colour.

c9ca05c4d99581be6a827754fc5d8d0b.jpg

4cef514a451162b56954505f0dabe472.jpg

Not the hot wires though.

I am leaning towards the gun metal grey centre...I'm thinking the gold might be a bit to much against the car.

Cheers.

Any chance you could try and put these wheels into my XD. I am going to order them, just unsure of the centre colour. c9ca05c4d99581be6a827754fc5d8d0b.jpg4cef514a451162b56954505f0dabe472.jpgNot the hot wires though. I am leaning towards the gun metal grey centre...I'm thinking the gold might be a bit to much against the car. Cheers.

Sweeeet dude, I would have bought a set of these myself if they'd have been available before I bought my Simmons. The gunmetal will look great with your car I reckon.

They're 17's yes?

Shame your so far away too I'd buy your convos off you, if you where even planing on offloading them.

Any chance you could try and put these wheels into my XD. I am going to order them, just unsure of the centre colour. Not the hot wires though. I am leaning towards the gun metal grey centre...I'm thinking the gold might be a bit to much against the car. Cheers.

Sweeeet dude, I would have bought a set of these myself if they'd have been available before I bought my Simmons. The gunmetal will look great with your car I reckon.

They're 17's yes?

Shame your so far away too I'd buy your convos off you, if you where even planing on offloading them.

Yeah mate 17x10 and 17x8s.

I'm in Alice Springs, car is in NZ haha but will be here soonish fingers crossed, I've got the documents sorted from NZ and now can re apply for the permit to bring it in, under pre 1989 vehicle...

Ok here we go, I think it's a little iffy as far as my chop goes but hopefully it gives you an idea. I made the gold wheels deep dish and the dark ones as per the sample. Tried getting better quality pic of the wheels from their website but it's down.

c02b109cc402b5c8b77142851f518ed1.jpg44a2ca11e63d266469421796227687a1.jpg

Yeah mate 17x10 and 17x8s.

I'm in Alice Springs, car is in NZ haha but will be here soonish fingers crossed, I've got the documents sorted from NZ and now can re apply for the permit to bring it in, under pre 1989 vehicle...

Yeah hope you get that all sorted soon. Bloody Aussie red tape!

Ok here we go, I think it's a little iffy as far as my chop goes but hopefully it gives you an idea. I made the gold wheels deep dish and the dark ones as per the sample. Tried getting better quality pic of the wheels from their website but it's down.

Thanks man, I think personally the Gold doesn't suit as it would if the car was a bright red and the grey will be the go to match the soft colour of the car.

Definitely be a bit of dish on the back with 10s.

I like the gold on burgundy, sort of reminds me of the Bond Lotus Esprit in For Your Eyes Only (but that was copper)

Here is the actual gold in 17 inch on an XD ute in blue.

bf2ed34fca94cdc9bad12e0ec68f3325.jpg

I had another shot at the wheels using the ones off that ute. The grey wheels are my not so flash attempt at changing the gold ones to something like the right colour. 3d93d93726048994eef1008013a48663.jpg89923b113859f726ba703a589bfe8f37.jpg

Personally, I kinda like the gold ones but agree they would look different in real life. Depends what impact you are aiming for, your car after all. B)

I had another shot at the wheels using the ones off that ute. The grey wheels are my not so flash attempt at changing the gold ones to something like the right colour.

Personally, I kinda like the gold ones but agree they would look different in real life. Depends what impact you are aiming for, your car after all. B)

You have done bloody well, I think the gold (even though a picture) looks fair better than I imagined, I like it a lot.

Cheers

Burgundy is a colour that can usually carry gold but does depend on the value of each ie how light or dark. I think the combo manages to be classy and mean/tough at same time.

The darker ones will look good too but wouldn't grab your eye as much. Could be a good or bad thing depending how you view it. More or less attention.