xwagon

Genuine 351c NASCAR block??

Cleveland oil problems are a design fault, not a manufacturing fault. They didn't change anything to do with oiling as far as I know, right up until the last clevo rolled off the line. Easily fixed with an oil restrictor kit.

I've read a bit about pillow blocks and they can be Nascar or Ambulance spec, the XE number is a giveaway (no it doesn't mean XE Falcon, more like "experimental" or words to that nature). The ad says it's Nascar so good chance it is. Internal painting is also a hint to having been race-prepped.

Yeah wagoon it's generally accepted that black blocks around XD onwards started getting core shift. Finding a good block is a lucky dip. There are external checks you can do but really any late black block should have a sonic check thrown in as part of the deal, especially when they're starting at 2gs. I know it's a 4-bolt and all, and probably is rare and exotic but you're starting to get into brand new block territory for that money. It would be a period correct block to put in an ESP or ex-pursuit car, maybe someone who has one of them should snap it up.

With core shift, i was told to look at the lifter holes, if they are over to one side not to buy it as you could pretty much guarantee the bores will be.

I had one of these XE blocks which had 4 bolt holes and threads, but the caps were 2 bolt, there were many configurations i believe.

The one i had (i sold last year) was at 40 thou and he still paid $100 for it, might've been worth getting sleeved, dunno.

ALL OF THEM WERE DRILLED FOR 4 BOLTS BUT ONLY USED 2BOLT MAINS FROM FACTORY.

I've got 3 (between my old man and myself ) that were all only drilled for two bolt mains, although one does have 4 bolt caps, all 3 have been sonic tested and only one has core shift (it would still be safe at .060" over though ) one of them the thinnest part of the thinnest bore is over .160" thick