Harrison Kotrolos

Falcon XC MSD Ignition Help

Okay, so I'm finally back from business trip, and got a break in my UNI timetable to post some stuff up.

I want to say thankyou to all of you for your help, its been just a world of knowledge and awesomness. I haven't driven the car in a long time, and won't be driving it for a while becuase future upgrades are calling hahaha

I do have one question in regards to ignition. Now I have about 15 degrees of idle timing, is this too much?? The reason I am asking is because, on some start ups, I'll pump the pedal and it will crank and start, but on others i'll pump it, and I will be cranking and cranking and cranking, and then pump agagin and it might cough.

In other words, sometimes it starts great, sometimes its a dog to start. Any advice??

I'm going to make another thread in regards to engine problems, upgrades, help, etc.

But I'll just finish this post of with telling you guys what happened last. So like I said, I dialled the timing way advance, and created a curve, now the car runs great, I put the 58 jets in it, and the spark plugs are the perfect "tan" colour, and its awesome. So by the end of it, the car was running, running really well, and was a load of fun, its not the fastest car by any means, nor the fastest car I've driven, but with these older cars, its like it doesn't matter. Even after years of ripping my hair out and defeat, when it comes together and works, its just an amazing feeling, so thankyou all for you help with my transition from points ignition to electronic, its made the car so much better and just more amazing, it feels reliable and not like a liability.

Well done mate. =)<br />Can always bring start of your curve back to 10 degrees. I set up a crossy like that and ran sweet.<br />If you want more go.<br />4 barrel manifold and 600 holley.<br />Then you will see her fly.<br />Best wishes.<br /><br />Jack.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-S7583T using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Give it more base timing. I mean 15 is less than half of what I run in mine. Idle timing can be very high and this will smooth out idle quality,improve spark plug life and throttle response. You drop timing straight after idle to your normal curve and it's happy days.

Modern EFI cars have been doing this for years.