djjase

Wilwood brake upgrade

Hi all

Thinking of going a 460 BB stroked to 554 in the coupe, so looking at brakes.

Was thinking of going the Wilwood upgrade like a 4 or 6 spot front and 4 spot rears for the 9" diff.

Has anyone done this upgrade? is it a straight replacement or need a bit of modifications to get them on?

These for the back: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WILWOOD-DYNALITE-4-SPOT-REAR-BRAKE-KIT-FORD-9in-DRILLED-BLACK-WB-140-7140-D-/161751350233?hash=item25a921bbd9:m:mWYpYTVqyg2sUNt2dYTN1yg

These for the front (4 spots): http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-XY-BRAKE-KIT-FRONT-4-SPOT-DRILLED-SLOTED-XR-XD-WILWOOD-140-101072-D-DB-/321772142658?hash=item4aeb1d4042:m:mYQKeSlqb5WbX9VXBwre7Gg

Yeah agree with Thom, I don't know of a wilwood setup that is ADR compliant. So any brake upgrade using bigger discs is probably just as good. Keep in mind people doing circuit racing use a standard good condition girlock caliper with a grooved disc and good brake fluid is enough that they don't see brake fade. If this setup is good enough to pull up a clevo powered x series on the track it would be plenty for other application

So, is there an aftermarket/different rotor that bolts to an X series, which is larger diameter, and possibly grooved/slotted??

Any FPV/XR8 gear bolt on, HSV stuff, or do we have to look at Hoppers, or Wilwood?

Just for info.....

CRS were advertising wilwoods that were adr compliant when i was at motorex a 2 years ago. They may have only been the dynalite series.

I know of wilwoods that are on xseries cars. There is a kit that does fit.

i have them on my xe but umm, unless you want to run a hq stubaxle and buy 67-69 camaro kit i kinda cant help lol. 

I have your top link on the rear of mine. Both front and rear on my car dont have the dust boots.

I have the same as you wagoon but with Bendix pads, stops my ute great.

I haven't got there yet as my sedan is still a work in progress. But this will be the setup of my solid roller crossy powered track car. If it's good enough for sikxe351 and his clevo powered sedan that sees the track alot it will be fine for just about if not everybody here.

Rebuilt girlock caliper with QFM pads and DBA T2 rotors.

STREET_03.png

When you say rebuilt girllock calipers, do you mean the stock calipers?

Btw how much are those t2 rotors and Qfm pads, and where do you get em?

Yep standard rebuild of standard calipers. Those T2 rotors can be had from a few places, just shop around for a good price. As for the QFM pads these guys sell them http://www.brakesdirect.com.au/Qfm

They have an ebay store as well as through their website. They also sell the T2 rotor and superpro bushes as well.

Those T2 rotors are good.

Run em on my xg ute.

Rebuilt stock calipers and bendix pads.

I dont like the pads too much so maybe try those

QFMs.

Bendix advance are what I run.. find the bite a bit lacking.

Jack.

When you say rebuilt girllock calipers, do you mean the stock calipers?

Btw how much are those t2 rotors and Qfm pads, and where do you get em?

For my mechanic to rebuild my calipers, buy and fit the rotors, new pads and new front wheel bearings was around $450/$500, so the rotors can't be too expensive.

If I find my original bill it will list how much the rotors were.