Ando81

Bonnet adjustment

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help me with my xf ute bonnet. It sits slightly higher than the mudguards which isn't much of an issue but the worst part is that once I get up to highway speed, it seems to slightly lift up and drop down on its own giving the appearance of it going to come up over the windscreen. Is there a way that I can adjust the bonnet catch to hold it down firmer.

Set the stoppers so that the bonnet is sitting flush with the guards without the catch. Once you've got that sorted put the catch back on and set it with just a touch of pre load on it. Too much and it'll be a bitch to open and you'll have to slam it shut. Too little and your bonnet will continue bouncing at speed. It also pops open easier with a bit of load on it.

Thanks for the help fellas. I need the ute as a daily and wasn't confident adjusting the catch until the weekend. I have slightly raised the bonnet stops to see if that helps and if so then I will adjust the catch on the weekend.

So I found the problem last night, the bolts on the under side of the radiator support panel had rattled loose which let the bonnet catch lift up and down on its own. 48d3d897b91389f9b3b4ab4d61a82832.jpg

wrong bolts bloke ,there one each side of the catch ,loosen those the lower the latch down ,those ro in the picture hold the bonnet catch in a cradle ,dont play with those

wrong bolts bloke ,there one each side of the catch ,loosen those the lower the latch down ,those ro in the picture hold the bonnet catch in a cradle ,dont play with those

I found these were loose when I went to adjust the catch height mate, I tightened these up and the catch was a good height so it's all sweet.