Banno

Ford eb tailshaft flange bolt

Does anyone know the bolt size for the tailshaft flange to diff is. Putting an e-series diff into the xe and thought replace bolts with new ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry flat flange and also add that I dont have the bolts for the the flange. Otherwise I would take one into the bolt shop to measure.

THanks Gerg,

All I know is that its a 15mm nut and 18mm bolt. Pitch wise or size I am not sure.

But I will found out and post it so this dosent become a dead end thread with no answer to it.

Add to the ozfalcon library of answers.

Just need some time, as flat out with work.

I think you'll find that you'll have to go factory with those bolts as you want a snug fit on the shank to take up the slack. You don't want any rotational movement there. These bolts handle full tailshaft torque unlike the little 1/4" ones on the yoke type which just hold the straps in place.

Well I got hold of 2nd hand set that were rather good nick considering some I seen that were looking rather rusted. Ford eb ed are getting rather thin on the ground these days for decent parts. Ford ef el au are common.

Anyway I find out at what they are at a bolt shop in geelong they have been rather good for things like this that are at correct specs as factory. I will be using the factory set though. Got them now.