Free.51

indicator flashing too quickly

Hi all i noticed the other day that when i have either the left or right indicator on when im at the lights with the brake on the indicator clicks really quickly & the light also blinks really quick but it doesnt do it if my foot isnt on the brake. My first thought was maybe it needs a new flasher anybody else had this issue? This is the Zl btw.

You probably have poor grounding to the brake lights.

When the brake lights come on, they need to steal some ground from the light assembly and it's not enough to serve them all at once, so one or more of your indicators will die, causing the others to flash faster due to the reduced load on the flasher relay.

Get into your tail light assebmlies and clean up all the ground connections in the lamp holders and particularly the ground wires going to the car body.

Remove and clean the bulbs too (the metal parts).

Voltage drop in dashboard supply? It's certainly an XD-XE thing.

Thanks Gerg I always thought it was to do with ground but didn't know what or where from. Wonder what causes the voltage drop then? Wiring? Dash? Resistance? Cheers

Gauge dropping on braking is also a poor ground issue.

The ground for the cluster connects to the body, behind the drivers kick panel.

Remove, clean, replace.

Better still run an additional ground to the dash from the metal behind the dash to the black wire on the instrument cluster plug.