Nath

Steering Wheels

I like the wood wheels. Not sure why.

So do i.

I had the wood grain mid brown colour in my XD with the all grey interior brand is OBA and 

it looked trick, the colour didn't clash with the rest and looked schimko.

I have an Autotecnica brand for PG and it looks trick to  ;)

I have an Autotecnica woodgrain wheel in me BnS basher

10373154_1000452966647789_36740716227006

10468129_1000449803314772_21122590412760

This is whats in the XD, smaller that the original wheel but i have a Momo one to put on after its re-covered

(Old pic, this is when i had in the XF) Its on old school SAAS one

313409_273857545974005_6530231_n.jpg?oh=

My XH wheel, again an Autotecnica one

10863778_1033814246644994_86592227733673

10920088_1048809338478818_18180613332616

I have an Autotecnica woodgrain wheel in me BnS basher

10373154_1000452966647789_36740716227006

10920088_1048809338478818_18180613332616

Mark, i have that wheel in my Hyundai excel, its very comfy and does the job perfect.

My wood grain wheel is close to the one you also have. I had to scan a pic into my pc

as i dont have the car anymore but still kept the wheel and it was taken near 20 year ago.

Lol, i had the exact same wood grain one in my xf till i replaced it with the exact same one you have in the xh.

Mark, i have that wheel in my Hyundai excel, its very comfy and does the job perfect.

My wood grain wheel is close to the one you also have. I had to scan a pic into my pc

as i dont have the car anymore but still kept the wheel and it was taken near 20 year ago.

scan0004.jpg

My mate Brando's stepdad has the same wheel in his WB Holden ute.

That old wood grain looks nice Steve :)

Just got the new wheel. Started to install it then. Looks awesome with my interior!

Only thing is whichever muppet drilled the holes in the boss kit to fit the steering wheel fucked up. One of the holes is slightly too small for the screw (all the others fit except this one). Not sure how I'm gonna work around that. Can't just force it in, seeing as some bright spark had the great idea of using alan headed screws. No way I can tighten it hard enough without either stripping the head or snapping the alan key.

Might have to drill it out a bit more...

Also, when you guys fitted your wheels, did you use the plastic piece that was behind the stock XD wheel? Or did you chuck it out. I left it on... Seems to be some kind of buffer between the wheel fitting and the spring.

I would undo all 6 screws and slowly tighten them all together, rather than fully tight on each individual if you under stand.

It's a common thing, I'll be betting it's right once you do that. Mine was exactly the same, it just centers the wheel etc

All sorted!

I did try that, also tried to make sure it wasn't cross threaded. Once that failed I took it off and just tried to put the screw straight into the boss kit by itself. Still no bueno.

Ended up finding a screw in the garage with the same thread and tapping it out with that. Was still tight as hell with the new one (stripped an allen key and had to grind the end off and keep going) but got there in the end. It's on now.

Not totally straight ("straight" pulls a bit left) but neither was the old one was it hasn't been for a proper wheel alignment yet. Matched it up to where the old one was as best I could.

The plastic piece behind it was just a buffer for the spring I think, I left it on there.

Went for a drive with it just then, soooooo much better. Feels much less boat like and I can actually get a seating position I like without hitting my legs on the wheel. Not even that bad at low speed. Really happy with it.

20150407_164052_zpsyiq2bjl5.jpg

that is a very tidy interior.. surely theres a market for nicer material on seat covers

Tidy till you take the seat covers off haha.

They cost me about 30 bucks so I can't complain. They're a thousand times better than the ancient sheepskin ones that were on there. Those things were brutal... So itchy.

Looks good nath,

What's ppls thoughts on black wheels with brown interior. I'm not a huge fan of the fake woodgrain look but think black on brown would look a bit odd. Anybody got a pic of a black wheel in brown xf interior?