slydog

Weber DCO-e carb Air Box

I wasnt worried about the walls being sucked in more the vibration created by the engine which would move the walls thus creating turbulance inside the box. But as you said Ando if you strengthen the wall it wont flex.

Sly I did remember you notched the tower but though the trumpets still sat fairly close. As for heat soak I dont think there is much you can do about that but the trumpets would probably get just as hot now as the box would get.

So is the theory behind the airbox so you can get cool air from the front of the car? Excuse my ignorance but what is its exact purpose?

Well if the trumpets and carbies are cool to touch you would think it would have to keep the box cool as well.

henderixhc my understanding is the box should will feed the same temp air into each runner, as well as a more stable airflow due to the air no long rushing past the ports.

nah the HX40 is perfect for the crossflow or any 3L - 4L engine, don't forget the crossflow don't rev much so the thing will flow to 500HP and those things are bulletproof, I got an EB manifold coming and will be playing with one later in the year