jamie247

door mechanisms

hey guys ive got my front doors operating from inside and out but the rear doors open from inside only exterior handles lift right up and nothing any help?

this one has me stumped puzzled and frustrated LOL, something is wrong the handles pull and the wires move but the lever at locking mechanism does not engaged the striker pin?

I got a feeling there is a small lever that need to fall into place when the door is shut ( something to do with the child lock?). If it doesnt the out handle doesnt work. I recon i had to lube the hell out of mine with WD40 for it to work.

I recon looking at that it was that piece that the spring connected to that had something to do with it.  Try cleaning / soaking it in degreaser and lightly lubing it with WD40.

Yeah i cleaned all mine up on goldie with degreaser then put back in then gave a light coat of white lithium grease.

Seemed to work.

From that pic you posted that lever that aint doing anything is the outside striker, you can just take it off, 3 screws

as you know and test it in your hand.

Ive had them play up over the years but yeah start with a good clean.  :)

ok guys I spent the arvo degreasing and lubing the mechanisms and ive found the the door handle rod and rod to striker is stretched as soon as I pulle don it passed the slack theyd open so new rods with fencing wire next week

ok ive spent 2 months yes 2 friggin months ive change out the whole entire mechanisms from door lock pin to outer striker and yet its still doing the same friggin thing only opens from inside, ive change the strikers with ones that are operating both on inner and outter handles and yet still no go what the hell is going on im fed up over it and have lost interest in the whole build I'm ready to sell the car and cut my losses TBH,

ok I took a deep breathe this arvo and went to it again I removed the inner pivot and linkage to handle and mechanism I shut door and it opens from inside, then I pulled on the inner rod to mech and it opens so the problem is the linkegas are abit too sloppy and the pivots are obviously worn to bugger so ? where do you get new pivots

Its not the pivots, on the bars there is supposed to be a round metal retaining clip near the swivel than holds the bar more firmly in position.

They look like a washer with lil tabs on the inner.

Sometimes they fall off or break. Put one on each rod at the pivot and all those lil bits of slop will disappear.

Jack.

i had a problem with the left rear door handle on my ltd after buying and putting in a brand new one it just wouldnt open from the outside so i stuffed around and changed and modified the i think its the snippet rod still no change then i thought huh must be the door handle itself so i put the old one back in and it worked so i had to take the new one back and replace it with one that did work. so it was a dud i wonder how many other people have had this problem. this might be the problem in your situation mate.