XTREME KARTS XF

Alternator bracket wont bolt up

Any reason why the water pump castings are different?

The top pic is the engine out of the wagon and the bottom pic is the engine thats going into the XD.

I will be replacing the water pump on the good engine but i dont understand why the casting are differ and the alternator bracket wont bolt up.

10382172_944042198955533_456089301934469

10413304_944042225622197_740139164008682

second one is alloy.... aftermarket.

whats the bracket hitting?

The cast boss trev, i guess it was added for strength?? For a water pump for a standed engine, Alloy or Cast Iron?

mine has 2 washers under them

Any problems with belts lining up?

there is about 3 or 4 variations on the alloy pumps and when you buy one off the shelf you should really take in a sample of the old pump

i have come accross this issue before as not all water pump brands sell the correct pump for cars, some list the same pump as suiting all clevelands where as i have seen differences in these boss's between cleveland fitted f trucks and broncos etc

i dare say its just the wrong water pump

there is about 3 or 4 variations on the alloy pumps and when you buy one off the shelf you should really take in a sample of the old pump

i have come accross this issue before as not all water pump brands sell the correct pump for cars, some list the same pump as suiting all clevelands where as i have seen differences in these boss's between cleveland fitted f trucks and broncos etc

i dare say its just the wrong water pump

I second that cav, the pump thats on the good motor is getting thrown in the bin anyway, i'll take the one off the motor that was in the wagon, looks to be the original Ford one i reakon.

Cast or Alloy water pump?

Cast stocker mate, but dunno how that extra gusset on your alloy one interferes with your bracket without having seen it. I'd say it's there for extra strength because alloy isn't as strong as iron so needs reinforcing.