NZXD

5.0 Coyote into X Series.

Nah, they did run the 5.8 mod parallel with the Coyote, at Ford.
The 5.8 Coyotes aren't Ford, I'm pretty sure.
The Mod and Coyote share a lot of dimensions but that's about it.

I still dont understand why the Australian Coyotes only use one cam phaser (on each head). I get it that with a pump on it, it doesn't need two, but it could use two as much as an N/A engine.

Coyote engines are awesome, the 335 Miami is epic and would be unreal in an early Ford. The problem is with the new rules (VSB14) you would struggle getting a blown engine engineered. 4.68L is the biggest blown engine you can put in an XE. Without notching the towers you would have little chance getting a modular motor in, I doubt the brake booster would fit as well.

This would be sweet for 15k the Ford Racing Aluminator XS, 500Hp+ spins to 8000rpm.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=23300

MG2_6023.jpg

Is that an ACT rule or Australian Billy?

I read the story in Street Machine of the VC that was twin turbo and he had to get a 5.5L

Chaise I am pretty sure its Australia wide, I spoke to 2 engineers about twin turbo in the ACT and they referred me to VSB14.

Formula is heaviest variant of model multiplied by 3 for blown or 5 for NA gives you the max cc.

So ESP was 1560 x 3 = 4680cc for blown and 1560 x 5 = 7800cc for NA. Which is a bit stupid considering how much power you can make with a NA 7.8L big block.. lol

12 minutes ago, Mirko said:

Im doing it an Xw as we speak. If you find a good deal price wise its a viable option but alot of work

if you could start a build thread and share some tips and issues it would be great. @Thom just got one recently to retrofit into a customline wagon

1 minute ago, deankdx said:

if you could start a build thread and share some tips and issues it would be great. @Thom just got one recently to retrofit into a customline wagon

have one going on fordforums easier to mange just one. By no means and l an expert or a mechanic but one thing l am is detailed and do alot of research so happy to help in any way l can. Build thread is here https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11461100. I no its a different forum but simpler for me as started it there.

Basics of build are

Ford XW

Coyote Supercharged Motor from 2014 FG

Tremec 6 speed box from mal woods with modified break pedal assembly with clutch slave on it and standard FG accelerator pedal and his bell housing to suit motor and box modified for better clearance so no tunnel should need to be modified

Built 9inch with 4 link and coilovers running a strange center and willwood brakes

RodShop IFS with power steering and willwood brakes

Custom Rad

Bain racing custom Fuel tank that sits in position of old one so no nasty cell in boot

Vintage Aircon unit using standard motor compressor and condensor

KPM racing stage 2 intercooler and pulley plus 1000c injectors

Custom steering colum

have one going on fordforums easier to mange just one. By no means and l an expert or a mechanic but one thing l am is detailed and do alot of research so happy to help in any way l can. Build thread is here https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11461100. I no its a different forum but simpler for me as started it there.
Basics of build are
Ford XW
Coyote Supercharged Motor from 2014 FG
Tremec 6 speed box from mal woods with modified break pedal assembly with clutch slave on it and standard FG accelerator pedal and his bell housing to suit motor and box modified for better clearance so no tunnel should need to be modified
Built 9inch with 4 link and coilovers running a strange center and willwood brakes
RodShop IFS with power steering and willwood brakes
Custom Rad
Bain racing custom Fuel tank that sits in position of old one so no nasty cell in boot
Vintage Aircon unit using standard motor compressor and condensor
KPM racing stage 2 intercooler and pulley plus 1000c injectors
Custom steering colum
We're going a bit simpler dad bought a written off 2011 mustang and shipped it over, the coyote is staying stock and the 6 speed auto is staying behind it it's going in my mum's 55 cuzzo wagon with a jag xj6 front suspension and narrowed au wagon diff
04ba966888362360c275512d86c87cef.jpge2ae2ddcd09b211454ab16bb4aae459f.jpg

1 minute ago, Thom said:

We're going a bit simpler dad bought a written off 2011 mustang and shipped it over, the coyote is staying stock and the 6 speed auto is staying behind it it's going in my mum's 55 cuzzo wagon with a jag xj6 front suspension and narrowed au wagon diff
04ba966888362360c275512d86c87cef.jpge2ae2ddcd09b211454ab16bb4aae459f.jpg

Nice man. Yeah this is my dream build never selling and when decided to go pro street well then had to change a few things to suit. So you still using ABS etc?

Nice man. Yeah this is my dream build never selling and when decided to go pro street well then had to change a few things to suit. So you still using ABS etc?
No abs, but planning to keep the a/c and cruise control the fun part is going to be trying to make the auto work as a column shift

Just now, Thom said:
3 minutes ago, Mirko said:

No abs, but planning to keep the a/c and cruise control the fun part is going to be trying to make the auto work as a column shift

Yeah that you can disable on PCM as for column shift haha that sounds fun

The car was being setup for an au 5.0 and btr 4 speed auto, we did manage to get the column shift working on the 4 speed (the hard part was making it look like and original column), luckily the 6 speed also uses a cable to shift

Just now, Thom said:
3 minutes ago, Mirko said:

The car was being setup for an au 5.0 and btr 4 speed auto, we did manage to get the column shift working on the 4 speed (the hard part was making it look like and original column), luckily the 6 speed also uses a cable to shift

I wouldnt even no were to start for something like that. Cool build

I wouldnt even no were to start for something like that. Cool build
If you look in the builds section there a post called thoms old car thread and happenings there's some details on it earlier on in the thread