bear351c

Good value Cam supplier in Australia

Hi all,

Just realised that the cam in my 351C was set up for LPG, so before I install it in the XA, I need to do a cam swap.

Looking at a Comp Cams 290HR, anyone know where I can get a good price?? Will need Roller lifters too.

Cheers.

I just had a read on summit in the states, $601 us including frieght to oz, the kit comes will roller lifters, and roller timing chain and gears.

I also did a bit of reading on a few sites and the yanks slam the use of hyd roller cams in Cleveland's???

What is their reason for not running rollers in a Clevo? That sounds like a bit of bullshit to me, only thing I can possibly think of is the cam bore oil galleries not lining up with the lifters properly.

XCsedan, running fairly stock 2V's a little port match, Stellite seats, and bronze guides, as it was a Gas engine originally.

2,500 stally, 3.55 LSD, 4 into 1's Edelbrock performer. Will lookinto  camtech.

For some reason my "Quote" box has stopped copying, the posts.........

Yeah Gerg, a bit of Bullshit, checked with Comp Cams webpage, and they recommend the 290HR.

Anyhow, it's gonna be a daily bus, work car, shopping trolley, 2 boys and some occasional back seat action, so no racing engine.

Maybe.

XCsedan, running fairly stock 2V's a little port match, Stellite seats, and bronze guides, as it was a Gas engine originally.

2,500 stally, 3.55 LSD, 4 into 1's Edelbrock performer. Will lookinto  camtech.

Jim Tamberrello or Mal will be your contacts.Good people who do know there stuff.

ok well those heads wont support either cams.... go smaller, especially if its a daily.... imo a DEH275 will be plenty and the most streetable.

if you want to stick with hyd roller then either the 284HR or the camtech 480B-110 they will perform fairly similarly.

290HR needs decent heads to work properly.

personally would sell the performer and upgrade to a RPM airgap, carb wise a 650cfm carb will be ample.

For some reason my "Quote" box has stopped copying, the posts.........

Yeah Gerg, a bit of Bullshit, checked with Comp Cams webpage, and they recommend the 290HR.

Anyhow, it's gonna be a daily bus, work car, shopping trolley, 2 boys and some occasional back seat action, so no racing engine.

Maybe.

Im all for a roller cam, been in the windsor factory for nearly 30 years.

Got to be better, less friction!

ok well those heads wont support either cams.... go smaller, especially if its a daily.... imo a DEH275 will be plenty and the most streetable.

if you want to stick with hyd roller then either the 284HR or the camtech 480B-110 they will perform fairly similarly.

290HR needs decent heads to work properly.

personally would sell the performer and upgrade to a RPM airgap, carb wise a 650cfm carb will be ample.

Would like to try the roller cam, heard good things about them. Reliability, profiles, etc. Any one know if an RPM airgap will fit under an XA bonnet??