Panko

Replacing Injectors in EFi crossflow

Hi guys,

has anyone replaced the injectors in their EFi crossflows with brand new OEM injectors? there is a company on ebay that sell OEM injectors for EFi crossflows (link below) 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-XF-ZL-FAIRLANE-FUEL-INJECTORS-BRAND-NEW-DIRECT-FIT-6CYL-BRAND-NEW-/261523576654?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce405174e&_uhb=1

apart from putting brand new OEM injectors in the car, are their alternatives to the OEM injectors, that won't fek with my ECU? its not really for performance, I'm just replacing them to get the fuel system back up to scratch. 

Cheers

Panko

Yeah, i emailed bosch to see if they still make them. Their online catalogue (updated in 2003) doesnt have the part number listed.

You'd be surprised at what injectors will substitute for them without any dramas at all. Flow rate is most important, spray pattern less so. My 2.6 Courier took smaller 4AGE corolla injectors (downsized for economy) and runs fine, if a little lean at idle. A bit more research might get you what you want... Took me a while but I got there

well i found a mob in Springvale, AZNew Injectors. they had brand new ones listed for the XF, but they don't do them anymore, and have sold off all their stock :( but their biggest market is remanufactured injectors. they don't deal with the public (which is shit) and told me to go to Bursons to get them. he admitted on the phone that Bursons have the best price on them, after mark up, while he is sitting there telling me they don't deal directly with the public :( bastards! but thats the way of the world i guess lol. 

dont buy those ebay ones i bought a set for the zl and theyre not worth a pinch of shit, i then put a set in out of another zl which i had the injectors reco'd years ago and went 10 times better, sold the ebay ones on ebay for 30 buks.

thanks mate for that. I was a little sketchy about them, but seemed like the only brand new alternative. as i said, ill be going to Bursons to get a price on their remade ones.