XFGHIA747

fitting ef xr6 3.45 lsd diff to xf?

Simple question can a ef xr6 diff go onto my xf ghia? Brake lines and such aint an issue just phisical bolt in part what arms need to be used bushes etc mounts need to be moved ? Or cant be done ?

Cheers lads

Easy as conversion! Just press in ef/el lower trailing arm bushes into your xf arms at the diff end (can buy the diff end bushes on their own too)

Steve... im fitting an ef diff into my ute at the momment and it will be very similar if not the same as your xd if u want to compare notes. Ill be running the ef rotors, calipers and handbrake.

Awsome n00bs. I know when fitting the EF/EL hand brake lever you can use the existing handbrake stuff on the diff but

with the XF handbrake lever under the dash and running 2 cables how do the guys go about getting around that? was my concern.

Ive worked out a way to adapt the XG handbrake lever and twin cables onto the EF hand brake mech at the wheel, i havent welded it all up and operated it yet but i think it will be a winner.  As i cut all the ugly hand rake cables and mounts off my diff i was intending on welding them back onto the front face so they would be hidden from the back view but it was getting to complicated with the swaybar mounts and also shock positions so i worked out another way.

Ill grab pics for you soon mate, they will be in my build thread soon.

Look you remembered to mention the tailshaft this time :P

Sedan and ute/wagon's use different length tailshafts though.Sedan is shorter and ute's/wagon's use longer.I'd suggest finding a early EA style tailshaft as they used a smaller rubber damper and fit in lowered cars easier.Well thats what I did when I fitted a ED wagon diff and EA tailshaft to my xf ute.Some people swap the front flange plate to a u style set up to use the standard tailshaft though.

P.S Just thinking,are the sedan shafts steel or alloy? For a performance use it is advised to use steel as the alloy ones are a risk over 180kph and when used on big HP cars.

For a performance use it is advised to use steel as the alloy ones are a risk over 180kph and when used on big HP cars.

Tickford fitted alloy shafts to everything they built running 3.45 gears and 5,500rpm redlines, and then removed the factory set 180kph speed limiter in their tunes.

Cant see them being an issue, especially if you are going to compare stock steel for stock alloy at 200kph with 600hp+ under the hood. Then again whoever builds something like that and runs a stock tailshaft is cutting corners.