Campo

What speedo gear?

I've just gone from 2.92 to 3.45 in my XF. Speedo was perfect with the 2.92's and now reads about 12-14kmh above what i'm actually doing.

Anyone got any idea how to rectify this problem?

Cheers

I should get one for my ute, went from 2:92 to 3:23 gears so it reads 10km higher than actual road speed. I'm tempted to leave it though coz if I sneak up to 120 on the freeway I'm still only doing the legal speed ha ha

Yeah its a bit annoying sometimes though. Haha. Was driving along earlier doing 75 on the speedo and was only just doing 60 haha

What's the difference between 5spd H/D and L/D, anyone know?

When I went from 3spd to T5 I kept the green (I think) gear from the 3spd, and put it in my T5.

Speedo is still dead accurate so I'd say I have the 5spd L/D, whatever that means.

Just ordered a grey 22 tooth gear off ebay, thanks fellas :)

Do you mind if I ask where you bought it from and how much it cost?

I need one aswell.

Maybe your worm gear is the earlier type with 7 instead of 8 teeth. Mine has 3.27s and uses the light green one and is spot on. That chart doesn't make any sense because 2.92 and 3.23 use a 19 tooth but 3.27 diff uses 21-tooth? Yet the other charts have the 3.23 and 3.27 both using 21-tooth. I guess you could just get a size up/down from your current one and just try it

Here's an idea fellas, if your diff ratio increases by say 20% then maybe the transducer gear needs to increase by 20% also. Just a thought. Simple maths might give you a guide as to how many extra teeth you may need on your gear.

hi guys, if you change your rims to a larger diameter tyre, going from 14" to 15" do you need to go down teeth on the cogs? scored a nice set of 15 csa globe copies and definitely want to fit them on the XC since 14" tyres are getting pricey in WA and limited sizes

i think ive got a pink cog in my single rail box atm, for the 2.92 diff ratio [pretty sure i pulled out a green one from the three speed manual with the 2.77 diff, honestly cant remember, too many sleepless nights with a newborn]

If you've gone with a lower profile tyre, say from 195/65/r14 to 205/60/r15 then the rolling diameter should be pretty close, and not worth worrying about. If on the other hand you've changed it by more than 5% then there might be an issue. I'd check your speedo against a GPS first before losing sleep over it.

Here's an idea fellas, if your diff ratio increases by say 20% then maybe the transducer gear needs to increase by 20% also. Just a thought. Simple maths might give you a guide as to how many extra teeth you may need on your gear.

That's the approach I took going from 2.92 to 3.27 and it was spot-on. Was 19-tooth and now is 21.

Just as gerg says, I would sit the 14 inch rim with a tyre fitted, beside the 15 inch with a tyre fitted and see the height difference is. If it is not much taller than fair chance you will not need to change the speedo gear but if it is a lot taller then you will need to look at altering it to suit.