Sign in to follow this  
adrianphu123

Is XF engine crossmember the same as XW and XY

Hey guys,

My crossmember is buckling up and backwards when i jack it up, im looking to replace the bottom plate, as well as beat the side of the crossmember forward so its perpendicular to the ground.

Just wondering if i can replace the bottom of the crossmember with the crossmember plate designed for an XW and XY.

The link below is what im looking to replace with.

http://www.fordmuscleparts.com.au/shop/products/show/id/4988

thanks

adrian

XW/XY had a couple of different types but I couldn't imagine they would repo anything but a 54H type but who knows? Don't forget that XA onwards had a wider shock tower spacing so that might have a bearing on the width of the crossmember. I'd just weld a chunk of eighth or quarter plate in there. (See how old I am? 3 mil. or 6 mil. plate then)

XW/XY had a couple of different types but I couldn't imagine they would repo anything but a 54H type but who knows? Don't forget that XA onwards had a wider shock tower spacing so that might have a bearing on the width of the crossmember. I'd just weld a chunk of eighth or quarter plate in there. (See how old I am? 3 mil. or 6 mil. plate then)

No it's not the tv Gaz,no one can see you.

Yeah I second the comments above, as long as the repairs are of equal or greater strength than the original, and done by a competent person, there's nothing anybody can say or do.

I replaced the sills in my Corty with twinned 40mm square tubes welded together. It was as strong as an ox after that, and passed 5 regos without anyone even questioning them. I guess if you can make it look normal, nobody will give a shit.