Sign in to follow this  
XTREME KARTS XF

Vac Advance distributer conversion

Hey fella's

I've been wanting to do the Vac Advance distributer conversion for a while now so i've figured that its about time, now my question is (and its a dumb one so bear with me) but all i have to do is run 2 wires from the distributer to the coil right?

I want to ditch the EST setup as it doesn't like the cam i put in when i rebuilt the engine.

The EST dizzy is a good thing and works well if tricked right.Take your 2nd coolant sensor from the head, plug the head and drop the sensor in the wind screen washer bottle.That will keep the timing wound up on it and give you performance all the time not just when cold.

Or go to a streetfire msd for $170 and wire up your est dizzy to and watch the difference in the car.

Cheers fellas!!

send me your est dizzy - I love them.  lol.

Nahh i'll keep it lol

The EST dizzy is a good thing and works well if tricked right.Take your 2nd coolant sensor from the head, plug the head and drop the sensor in the wind screen washer bottle.That will keep the timing wound up on it and give you performance all the time not just when cold.

Or go to a streetfire msd for $170 and wire up your est dizzy to and watch the difference in the car.

Hmmm i like the sound of that!! :)

I did this about 2 weeks ago. Works good.

Sorry to sound stupid fellas but what does this upgrade improve and involve ? I have an est distributor and wouldn't mind a bit of improvement.

It just means you have NO advance curve so you set the timing as total or @ the crank as it is known.Never seen or found a car that went backwards when they did this conversion...never.Clint,McFly and others have done it for the same results,it just works.You are not limited to a Street fire CDI...you could use a 6AL,6AL2,7AL or Digital 6 or 7 or a 6AL2 programmable if you really want a timing curve but I have found it's just not needed TBH.A street fire is cheap and works awesome on a street car so I would stick to that.

Thanks to Jase Stoodley for the hook up.