XFGHIA747

clevo into xf

hey guys iv got a hold of a xd fairmont ghia rusty as, with a 351 auto as complete car running going to convert everything into my xf ghia is there anything ill need to know apart from gearbox cross-member aligning up and the heater hoses im going to silver solder a elbo onto hearter box to clear so wont be a prob and other worrys i need to know ??  

Rego, haha, could be difficult depending on who you can get to engineer it up in northern Tas.

Pretty sure you use XD-XE Clevo mounts to bolt engine in, apart from that its all pretty easy I think.

Should all change from one straight into the other. Mate swapped everything out of an xb into an xf many years ago and it was all change over no issues. Heater hoses on the firewall will need relocating and maybe a little firewall massage where the head may need a bit more room on the passenger side. As said getting it through rego with petrol may be a problem. So simple its a shame ford didn't have the sack to persevere with a v8 xf in the first place.

yeah agree with the rego thats the biggest prob for all of us, putting in my moderfication application now with everything from the xd standard so hopefully approved.

Mine took 4.5 hours with 2 of us, reversed the rear crossmember, same tailshaft and everything, even the radiator, as long as its a C4 that is.. then off to the exhaust guy..I used XC block hugger tuned length Genies on it.

fingers crossed you get approved mate, always nice having something different than everyone else. Even though they're pretty much the same chassis as XE its just the emissions crap that hold us back, i got my own build happening atm even though its been engineered it was on gas so i have to work my way around that somehow  :ph34r: haha worst case you'll have to gas it like most do