hendrixhc

Tru Fit or Knox carpets, opinions?

Hi all

Going to be getting some carpets for the XC and XE on Friday and was wondering if anyone has opinions on either of these 2 suppliers.

I did see a thread on ute carpets and a few opinions suggesting Knox were the go.

Im not fussed on either as it is the same distance for me to travel.

Thanks in advance!  :P

what ever you do buy plush and press mould fit, some say mould and its only rough and actually dosent sit how its supposed to!

I payed $170 for knox carpet for the xf and it was shit, I hate it, never sat properly! mould wasn't done properly

i had tru fit in the dummydore and never liked the way it fit but have knox in the 3 cortinas and the ute and i thort it fit real well

get the plush not loop and dont get super plush unless you wnat to loose stuff its think as

carpet is not a good fit if theres not good underlay just a little baggy around the tunnel 

look in the ghia and the ute threads you can see carpets in one of the cortys and the ute

I used whatever rarespares stocks but i didnt put underlay at the time because i didnt have any at the time, but will when the tailshaft loop goes in. The XF used to have grey carpet but i got black plush and man, it looks like a new car (in the carpet department at least).

One tip for you, mark the hole and drill outside the car. If you try and drill while in the car, thinking you can get the bit perfectly through the hole(especially seatbelt holes), you WILL nick it and cock the thread up and you'll be real happy then

A few people have told me Knox has better service, I will have to order some for my HK eventually. I've never seen any products from either company, interested to knowof any difference in quality. 

I've heard the Knox ones are much better from a few sources.

Some are a terrible fit. Theres an aftermarket one in my ute, swapping it for a clean factory one, thats how bad it is. Even the heel pad is crooked.

So make sure its good!

Had both, neither is perfect, IMHO. Never fit around the tunnel. Bought  Grey,Plush pile for the FC LTD, but the fluff kept coming off for years. Carpet was very nice, though. Got Black, loop pile for the XB Ute, seems much more hard wearing, but, harder to get the dirt out, as the little grass seeds get caught under the loops.

I know that doesn't help............ :blink:

I've had both and same, neither was a great fit, however the fit can be improved with that stick on sound matting and then use some contact adhesive to stick the carpet down.  Don't use a drill to do the holes, use a test light to find the holes and slice them carefully with a blade, heaps easier.  Oh and start from the tunnel and move outwards.

I rang the guy from Knox yesterday and he said he is all good and i can pick some up tomorrow. Recon thats the way ill go at this stage cause its seems easy to get there from our lodgings!

Thanks everyone for your input! Ill let you know how they go when i fit them up!