Jeremyxe

Sway bar upgrade ?!

Hey guys just wondering if upgrading my sway bars to some whiteline heavy duty sway bars will increase the handing/ ride of my xe ?? Or money not worth spending ?

Would you recommend the 24mm or 27mm fronts?

Yes I would suggest 27mm on the front no bigger or you can suffer under steer and 24mm on the rear a really well worth it very noticeable when fitted

I recommend you change the cars springs to suit the height/center of gravity (CofG) you want. Then your shocks to suit that. THEN go out and test the car and see if it's under steering or over steering. From here you select sway bars to give the car more or less under/over steer. Springs, shocks and CofG will change your "boatyness" the best.

Worth looking into anyway.

I run the discontinued whiteline flatout springs, 24mm sway bar front and rear, and koni shocks, ride is very flat mid corner. my cheap tyres are the weakest link.

Run the large one on the front and leave the rear alone, it will help power delivery to the road.  Springs and shockers will help handling heaps.  Also get as much castor on the front as possible, will give you neg camber on turn in but won't alter straight driving.