Sign in to follow this  
RAWDEAL

Where to buy a repro BOSCH elec dizzy, for a 351c blue block?

20130901_124123_zps7e7373fe.jpg

As you can see in the pic i have a procrap dizzy

i bought it cheap to get the car running . but its to big and shits me because it is procomp and i hate them

Where can i buy a repro bosch elec dizzy? 

Ive seen them on ebay but are they any good?

I want to run an MSD digital electronic programmable box on it later.. Not sure if that means i need a different dizzy?

Cheers!

EDIT: Thought i might like to add. i dont really want a msd dizzy. i want a bosch one becasue they are nice and small. there will be a turbo going on this thing and i want as much room as i can for the intake piping lol

Found this on ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-351C-429-460-CLEVELAND-V8-PRO-BILLET-DISTRIBUTOR-WPM-PB-06-CL-PE331-/200938101714?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec8d81bd2&_uhb=1

I cant tell if anything is genuine or not on ebay lol

Has to be rubbish quality for that price. Needs a $250 6AL box to go with it (says on ad)

The repro Bosch ones are procomp too, with an interchangeable lower half to suit Ford, Holden, 6-cyl, 8-cyl etc. I'm running one in mine now. It has too much mech advance (which means you cant wind up base timing too much) and the vac diaphragm pood itself within weeks of use. Otherwise, it's ok I guess. Like everything procomp, it's a copy. They all vary in quality, none as good as the original they have ripped off.

My advice is save your money and buy a decent brand one.

If going for a compact one, why not go with a crank trigger, 6AL-2 programmable, and a Bosch dizzy just for spark handling/oil pump drive?

A turbo setup demands the best. I wouldn't skimp on ignition when it's so critical on a boosted engine.

If going for a compact one, why not go with a crank trigger, 6AL-2 programmable, and a Bosch dizzy just for spark handling/oil pump drive?

A turbo setup demands the best. I wouldn't skimp on ignition when it's so critical on a boosted engine.

not sure that i do need the crank trigger? im not going for more than around 5500 rpm ...?

i was thinking a dizzy like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pertronix-D132810-Ford-351C-460-Plug-N-Play-Billet-Distributor-No-Vac-/380688840321?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58a2d2b681

so new bosch ones.. are all procomp?

i'll check on sat and see if i can get my hands on new ones that are any good.

thanks mate. 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-351C-429-460-CLEVELAND-V8-PRO-BILLET-DISTRIBUTOR-WPM-PB-06-CL-PE331-/200938101714?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec8d81bd2&_uhb=1

Not sure if this is procomp or not. but something along the lines of this is what im after

going to be running a 6al programmable anyways.. already got a map sensor and the coil to suit.. ordered the wrong box off of JEGS.com because the picture looks like a digital one , had to resell it LOL

Call me at work on 0354724333, i reckon i can get new repro lookalike ones, (two wire) for 150 -200ish.  Been a while though I'll have to check if they are still available, they were good quality ones too.

asked the same thing here a few weeks ago in the auto elec section and didn't get much feedback. have to remember to post here next time

a few people on xfalcon however pointed me in the direction of these ones as they were running them

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-CLEVELAND-V8-302-351-ELECTRONIC-DISTRIBUTOR-LATE-12-5MM-END-COIL-LEADS/200749746147?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D9082989038801906331%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D200749746147%26&clk_rvr_id=516761213124

i got one and installed it a couple of weeks ago and so far so good. Using the 10mm topgun leads i already had though. Its a bosch copy dizzy and coil and they say its compatible with the bosch internally so kept my old one for parts (bushes were shagged)

from what I could gather these were the only cheap bosch copies on ebay that people had good things to say about and for the price i figured it was worth a try

I bought a different copy and the vacuum advance diaphragm shit its self then the ignition module shit as well. I replaced both with the parts off a 250 dissy and all was good again. I suppose you get what you pay for. If you buy a copy dont expect it to last for ever. I bought it cos I needed a dissy and didn't have the cash for a brand name one. It works fine now. Especially with the eagle 10.5mm leads on it and a gt40 coil.

if you are running an electronic ignition i believe you should be running a bosch 715 not a gt40.

gt40 is 3ohm which is even higher then the GT40R

Heya Icewolf, yeah those GT40R coils are for running with a points set up using a ballast resistor. These resistors only let enough power through to operate the points, but not blow holes in them. 7v at coil.

GT40 is for points set up too but for one without an External Ballast resistor. 12v at coil.

The GT40R will read more resistance, as its lower voltage output.

I had the same problem on a ski boat I rewired for a mate. Not recommended, the output is too low.

Think we ended up fitting a resin core MSD coil.

Electronic ignition cars need 60kVa, those coils be lucky to put out 30-40kVa, if that.

If ya run the GT40R or GT40 on an electronic ignition car you'll get weak spark and foul plugs.

Try here for coils etc..... http://www.cyberspaceautoparts.com.au/contents/en-uk/d1917.html

Your car might of  'seemed' to run OK, it is not.

Best of Luck. Jack.