Sign in to follow this  
dizzy616

clutch pedals xf

good day i was wondering if there is any other clutch pedal set ups that fit xf. because i noticed x series manuals are a bit hard to find at the local wreckers. seems that if there is one someones got it allready.
unless someone has one they might want to trade a e series pedal for a x series pedal set up

hmm i actually like that idea is it true you need to remove the dash too to fit a clutch pedal set up? i might have to fork out for it if it saves a bit of time. also can you use that with the ea lines? so i can just get the pedal and pin set up

E series you need to remove the dash..
XF you can do with the dash in, i leave the steering column in.. remove the steering wheel, lower the column and rest it on the seat(2 nuts hold that to the pedal box from memory)

worst part is undoing the nuts on the booster for me..

you still need to unplug the wires on the column,

still a prick of a job.. if you have to buy a pedal box anyway.. i'd buy the pin kit, if the pedal box cracks(manual ones do still anyway) finding an auto one is far easier.

would it work with e series clutch cable?

Yep. I use an EA clutch cable in my XD with T5 set up, seems to work fine.

Also ive never had issues with the clutch pedal set up cracking but have read some others do. (touch wood it stays like that)

Yep. I use an EA clutch cable in my XD with T5 set up, seems to work fine.

Also ive never had issues with the clutch pedal set up cracking but have read some others do. (touch wood it stays like that)

i've had heaps crack..well 5... same with firewalls. but thats on 15yr old car. wonder how long they take? my firewall is still good 30,000kms later as you'd expect(auto to manual converted)

having rooted clutch cable doesnt help. wonder if thats half the issue(about $100 new for that too)

E series cables are shorter than X series. You can use it no problems, but it won't reach if you route it through the crossmember as per spec. You can still run it through if you drill a new exit hole. Or do what every other cunt does and leave it swinging in the breeze.

E series cables are shorter than X series. You can use it no problems, but it won't reach if you route it through the crossmember as per spec. You can still run it through if you drill a new exit hole. Or do what every other cunt does and leave it swinging in the breeze.

i ziptied my  my XF one under the x member to keep the curve nice.. i would do this regardless of E series cable or the correct one

I use an EL clutch pedal in my XE, atached to the XE auto pedal box with a big nut and bolt with spacers etc (was on the pedal I got out of the EL). The EL pedal is pressed metal and looks a bit different cosmetically but physically they are the same as the earlier ones. I cut the bump stop plates off mine but I don't think it was really necessary.

Can't get a pic of it sorry bud, the car's stored at a relatives place at the moment.

The pin kit looks like this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-EA-EB-ED-EF-EL-Falcon-Manual-Clutch-Pedal-Pin-Kit-XR6-XR8-Fairlane-/261252592361

Mounted with standard mount:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdOhHUUUxp7G6ToiWBFiVANdciIz8-WeM02RvCRPCZg5ff3QyiHg

The pedal looks like this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Ea-Eb-Ed-Ef-El-Xh-Manual-Clutch-Pedal-May-Suit-Au-Xr6-Xr8-Tickford-/290957014914

I'm sure if you can make something that will do the same job as the pin kit without paying $100 for it.

Same in what respect? Cos they all break sooner or later? Physically, they are different beasts as far as I've observed. E-series ones have the flange with three fixing points up behind the dash meaning you have to move the entire dash assy forward around 5cm to get at the bolts at those points. X-series don't have those making dash assy. re-positioning unnecessary.

ive got an el pedal box in my XE  bolted straight in, also bolted my old xe pedal box into my mates eb a few weeks back, yes to look at they seem diff but there basically all the same