Hey people looking at lowing my ute. at the moment its standard height im looking at gettin my leafs reset unless i can buy a new set already lowered, i want the tyres to either be a inch off the arch or level. What sought of springs should i look at? Cost of reseting the leafs? Rough cost of suspension? What else i might need to do? Sorry for all the questions ive never done suspension

kings sell 'super low' height leafs im pretty sure, resetting standard leads can be pricey!

Cost depends on what you do?

You should do some new shocks along with your springs

I got my leaf springs reset 3" and it was $110 ($160 actually, but got discount)
For the front you could go for some "low" or "superlow" front coils with shocks to suit. 
I would suggest getting new bushes.

Which one would make the car level? low or super? 160 is pretty cheap still whats the ride like?

I don't personally know what the ride is like. I know a guy who said it was still good, if not a bit better. 

I believe wagon springs ride nicer, so that could be an option for ya

with mine all i did was chop the front springs and put 2 and a half inch blocks on the standard 6 leaf springs. I don't recommend either of these things haha. now im putting wagon three leafs in the rear to soften it up and replacing the front springs eventually for 'Cut free' ones. im also cutting the bump stops a little as they hit, but my ute is pretty low at the front

kings sell 'super low' height leafs im pretty sure, resetting standard leads can be pricey!

Cost depends on what you do?

You should do some new shocks along with your springs

Are the leafs rated the same weight wise?

with mine all i did was chop the front springs and put 2 and a half inch blocks on the standard 6 leaf springs. I don't recommend either of these things haha. now im putting wagon three leafs in the rear to soften it up and replacing the front springs eventually for 'Cut free' ones. im also cutting the bump stops a little as they hit, but my ute is pretty low at the front

Yeh thats the height im going for, but im stayin away from blocks haha do you know if the wagon leafs are going to be good enough to put a load in the back?

Yeh thats the height im going for, but im stayin away from blocks haha do you know if the wagon leafs are going to be good enough to put a load in the back?

you will still be able to put a load in the back for sure, but the limit will be a lot smaller considering the stock six leafs are made for one over one tonne. (XF's are rated for two tonne capacity! ) 

but if you try to lower with the six leaf springs you won't be happy. i took mine down 2 and a half inches and it's pretty high at the back still haha. plus it rolls over bumps rather than working like suspension should haha. it's very scary when you hit a bump at high speed with a very solid rear end!

Haha true that my little rodeo that i use to drive around was very light in the back end by that i mean i could pick the rear end off the ground by myself and i dont lift weights haha that use to skip around corners

Didnt you get your leafs reset? I hope it doesnt skip over the road

I did, but my utes off the road mate. 

And in answer to the wagon diffs, as ENVYXF said, they have a lower load rating, but the leafs are softer giving a better ride. 

I suppose at the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference of the drive that you want. Worse comes to worse itll be trial and error then ill just have fix it

Have as look at my 'wagon leafs into ute thread' in the suspension  section.  I used EF wagon springs and flipped the lower leaf.  Cost me $18 and about an hour and it brought the ute down nearly two inches.  Unable to comment on ride quality but it would have to be better.  as to load carrying well a wagon can take a fair bit of weight so I think the reduction would not be that huge, provided your not carrying around a tonne regularly - which I'm guessing your not if you want the tyres that close to the guards at static ride height.  Good luck whichever way you go.

you will still be able to put a load in the back for sure, but the limit will be a lot smaller considering the stock six leafs are made for one over one tonne. (XF's are rated for two tonne capacity! )

You sure about that? I know their GVM is 2,200 odd kilos, but I thought that included the vehicle weight? So that when fully loaded they're not meant to weigh more than 2,200.

You sure about that? I know their GVM is 2,200 odd kilos, but I thought that included the vehicle weight? So that when fully loaded they're not meant to weigh more than 2,200.

all I know is that on the unregistered vehicle permit it said "TAC class of vehicle, good carrying up to 2 tonnes capacity". thats all i have to go off haha

Well i dont think im going to be puttin a tonne in the back but i might tow a 16 foot fibreglass boat down the track

Yeah 2 Ton would snap it in half.

Some are 1 Ton, the normal spec utes are less.

I'd go super low height.

They're rated for less legally, but will happily take a ton or more, even if they're normal spec. I think the issue is brakes rather than carrying capacity.

Anyway, onto the subject of lowering, my XF has superlows (I think, KFFL-59 part number) and 2.5" blocks in the rear, leans very slightly nose down, and rarely scrapes on anything.

Also will still happily tow another Falcon on a trailer, and carry a ton of stuff in the tray.

I'm putting coil overs in to STOP skids but there is no easy bolt in swap of leaves to coil or coil overs that doesn't cost big money.McDonald Bros and RRS do bolts in kits but they cost ALOT.

yeh ive been watching your build looks awesome, and i dont think im going your way any time soon as i only just got her on the road after 3 years haha