GspecZL

Straight gas 4L conversion.

i heard about this method where a dude lowered the sway bar to fit the au sump in. and used e series upper mounts on the xg mount in his xg ute

Had anyone driven a car without a sway bar.Unless your on a race I track there is next to fuck all diffence.No sway bar on my ute...

just changing from rubber to nolathane bushes on my sway bar made a massive improvement to my ute. would depend on spring stiffness and shocks but no way i wouldnt run one on the front.

What do you people reckon about the performance between the BF and AU LPG dedicated models? Helped the old man buy an AU dedicated wagon and I swear this thing has more power then his old BF. Seems to be alot more responsive from a standing start.

Been in a couple of dedicated dad she's that absolutely hammer, may have something to do with a far more aggressive timing curve, seems to make a.huge difference on petrol 4.0's

Yeah i have heard of down spacing the sway bar somewhere to. Interesting what Slydog said. I upgraded the sway bar on my 200B to a skyline item. Was alot thicker. The difference was noticeable.

Is there any differnce in holley base plates? I am using am Impco 425 but need to get a base plate.

Someone said the 425 is over kill but i would like to go bigger cam etc so if i need it later il have it.

Is there any differnce in holley base plates? I am using am Impco 425 but need to get a base plate.

Someone said the 425 is over kill but i would like to go bigger cam etc so if i need it later il have it.

spead bore has bigger secondary venturies which i would assume flow more than a square bore?  might depend what the Aussiespeed manifold is setup for too?

are you sure you need an aussispeed manifold? the long runners of the efi manifold made better low end torque was my understanding..

i think the Aussie speed is for the square bore.

I think the Aussie speed manifold is the easiest way to set this up. If someone knows an easier or cheaper way please tell me. Might save me $400!!

Plus i can set this up.

i think the Aussie speed is for the square bore.

I think the Aussie speed manifold is the easiest way to set this up. If someone knows an easier or cheaper way please tell me. Might save me $400!!

Plus i can set this up.

if you havent bought the Impco 425, an impco 225 is probably ok on the stock motor using the stock intake it comes with

what gas converter is fitted at the moment. could run a gas ring on the stock manifold be even cheaper. dont the tickford gas setups of EF etc run a gas ring?

Second thoughts, why not use a egas Au intake and throttle body, all the injector holes aren't drilled the gas mixer and throttle body are one unit and you'd probably find one at pick a part easy enough

hmmm. Sounds like a good option. I have an OMVL converter. Unsure if its any good but my car certainly has no guts on gas. Maybe i should try and find a complete Egas AU motor than?

hmmm. Sounds like a good option. I have an OMVL converter. Unsure if its any good but my car certainly has no guts on gas. Maybe i should try and find a complete Egas AU motor than?

one at Jollys looks like nothing gas wise is sold looking at the sold items list.

http://www.jollysupullit.com.au/eziparts/Display_Vehicle.asp?PriceListID=0&VehicleID=502178&Location=jollysupullitcomau&VehicleDesc=Ford%20Falcon%20AU2/AU3%2004/00-09/02

I have a whole gas set up from an EF, tank to mixer, ecu, lines, converter etc for next to nothing on ebay. 3-4 fills at the pump and it's paid for itself. All that impco stuff is too old for a 4 litre. Steer clear. If you're using an EF or AU ignition, definitely stay clear.

IMPCO are the best man, good old american shit. With the mixer style setup you'll have less of a flat spot cause the LPG is drawn from closer to the throttle plate.

Wes how hard would it be to setup?

Just got my thermos by the way! My neighbour got them first though lol.

piss easy brother. I'll cut the wiring so that you can mate it all piss easy to your own set up. I'll even take photo's for you so you can't fuck it up. :)

Impco are good on the older motors xeeclipse. They don't work well with crank angle sensored Falcons. On the older E series and X series they go forever, shit economy though. They're just robust dinosaurish systems. The OMVL are a much better unit for the E series providing you have good ignition. With bad ignition, they're a nightmare. They are much more economical and easy to tune and require very little tuning generally.

Any Gas system is as good as it's maintainer but yeah, Impco is just too old and not as efficient.

So the retarded courier driver sent it to your neighbour Callan? lol

OMVL look cheap and nasty by comparison and less reliable i'd reckon.

The main difference between the two would be that the IMPCO uses a vacuum reference to the secondary diagphram on the converter while the OML uses a stepper motor for it's metering run off the crank sensor signal. 

Yep Wes he stuffed up. Saw it on the neighbours doorstep this morning and grabbed it lol. If you think its fairly easy you might just have me interested!