jamie247

having trouble with getting rims

ok i'm after a nice set of gold rims from 16'' to 18'' every place I look at including ebay say oh they won't fit there pre au and no they don't fit do they make any newer mag fit a xe falcon pulling teeth here

I know it's your car and wants but 19 is right after 18...I run 19" Drift R's on my XF Ghia and love the look of em but they came of a XE which they looked even better on.

2012-01-28075544.jpg

Surely the tyre sourcing is easier for 19's now days then 18's too? If I went 15-6"it would be old school Welds or such and new would be a modern 5 spoke.

Just seem to work well for me,either way good luck with your choice bro and keep us posted ay.

19x8 fronts and 19x9.5 rears both on 245x35 rubber bands.I like the balloon look on the rear and the off set cos it makes it look like a FAT wheel/tyre combo and sort of tubbed a bit while all on stock suspension.

Glad I helped some what bro... 

I got the Vendetta V10 Hypers on my XE (refer my project thread round page 20 for a pic). They are 17 x7.5. They are not deep dished at all but the centers could be painted gold if you wanted gold. They were $190 about 18 months ago.

How bout a old school look bro...

2013-05-01164116_zps9a1fc145.jpg

Oo Oo how about some Gerg Weld series? 5 spoke and old school tuff but in bigger sizes? Fuck it just go here bro...

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1024&bih=641&q=greg+weld+wheels&oq=Greg+Weld+&gs_l=img.1.0.0l4j0i24l6.2552.5270.0.9226.10.10.0.0.0.0.280.1522.4j0j6.10.0...0.0...1ac.1.17.img.sYG5Cc55-No

I still love those wheels rob!

I had a small issue on my xe when I had them, they caught ever so slightly in the front of the front guards. Small amount of massage and all good.

Gold vertini drifts look great, and come in staggered widths like rob's roh 19's.

I reckon the new style Welds will make there way on to the ute...I always dug the Rod Lites but the new ones look sik as cuz...I'll be too late to get some Magnums and by then they will be like old convo's :(

I like the speedy cheetahs in gold but they don't fit so i'll sort something out as i'm painting it jade green with black instead of chrome moulds I think gold rims would look shit hot i'll sort it out