Sign in to follow this  
Ando81

Xf Falcon True Width?

Hey gang, just wanted to know if anyone has an accurate width of their xf from left to right mirror. The xf specs say overall width as 1860mm or so but I have tried to measure mine in my carport from mirror to mirror and it seems more like 2100mm. The reason I ask is because I want to install a new roller door on my shed and the opening is only 2250mm, just didn't want to have to fold in a mirror every time to back it in. Anyone else fitted theirs into skinny door ways?? Cheers for the help :)

if your by urself hook it onto the glass on otherside.. measure to the mirror. then run around the other side and measure from the glass to that mirror and add the 2 measurements togethor. then you'll see if u can get it in the garage hole

Just did the tape through the windows trick. Came up with 2100 overall mirror to mirror so this will only leave me with 75mm either side of mirrors to get her in :( will be a snug fit but will just have to be on the ball to do it. Lucky I don't drive it too often hey!!

Fucking knock the wall out ando. Skinny garages need to be hit with a high speed forklift. IMO.

I got the shed in a kit form and already have put the uprights up and it is all concreted in. Had I not already concreted the floor I might have made the opening wider but now that its all in I won't bother. Just have to breathe in when I back into the skinny door haha.

Fucking knock the wall out ando. Skinny garages need to be hit with a high speed forklift. IMO.

Agreed.  There is nothing, I repeat nothing wrong with bigger is better when it comes to sheds.

This is true. I bought a double car garage with one door across the front, second hand off eBay just to put my car in. I put pallet racking on one wall and I've got enough room to have both doors open and work around the whole thing. When the missus isn't filling it up with shit.

Good thing about my FG is the indicators on the mirrors.
I can fly in there in reverse even when its raining, just put the hazards on and light up the rollerdoor channels.

Not so easy in an xfalc

This is true. I bought a double car garage with one door across the front, second hand off eBay just to put my car in. I put pallet racking on one wall and I've got enough room to have both doors open and work around the whole thing. When the missus isn't filling it up with shit.

I'm in the process of looking into sheds at the moment and the missus is cracking the shits with how big I want to build it but I'll bet my left one that half the crap in the house that's hiding in the built in robes ends up in there!

Yeah mate I think 2350 is a more standard size but mine us fine. I back into the shed to make it easier to drive out. Wouldn't wanna be doing it every day but it frees up room in the rest of my shed so I'm happy:)