TUFFZJ

Different between ZJ and XF Brake booster ???

Need to know if there is ANY different between an big ass ZJ brake booster and a small XF brake booster???

want to put a XF brake booster into my ZJ as it would more nice than the big ZJ one...

i know it will bolt straight in, but need to know if there is any different with how it would worker??? as the zj are a bigger car and four wheel disc brakes and the xf are smaller car??

It won't bolt straight in.

This man knows.

I know the brake lines will need a rework as they're in a different orientation on XF/ZL compared to XD/ZJ.

brake line threads are different when i went to try it the other way(XD booster in XF)

didnt end up going any further but i'll back Gaz and Glenn on the subject

The XF booster will bolt straight in but the XD/XE master won't bolt on without reworking the shit out of the mounting holes.

So you have some options.

XF booster with reworked XD master.

XF booster with XF master and XF brake lines.

XF booster with XF master and re-worked brake lines.

Small XD booster with no other mods.

I can understand why you want to use an XF booster because they are just so clean and simple looking compared to the XD/XE booster, and It's why I used one on my XdEE when I did the 4.0 conversion 8 years ago, but unless you are prepared for all the extra pissin' around, forget it.

The XF booster will bolt straight in but the XD/XE master won't bolt on without reworking the shit out of the mounting holes.

So you have some options.

XF booster with reworked XD master.

XF booster with XF master and XF brake lines.

XF booster with XF master and re-worked brake lines.

Small XD booster with no other mods.

I can understand why you want to use an XF booster because they are just so clean and simple looking compared to the XD/XE booster, and It's why I used one on my XdEE when I did the 4.0 conversion 8 years ago, but unless you are prepared for all the extra pissin' around, forget it.

Yeah that's why I wanted the XF booster for the clean and small looking and i was going to used a wilwood master cylinder too...

In my head, it would look very nice together :) Looks like I have more thinking to do!!!!

Thanks Guys for the help :)

Not sure about 6 cyl Fairlanes but I know the V8 ZJ/ZK boosters are smaller in size than the XD/XE.

Years ago I converted my XE wagon from a 6 to an 8 and put the disc diff from the Fairlane in as well.

I also grabbed the booster and master to match the 4 wheel discs. When I changed them over the Fairlane

booster was about 1 to 2 inches smaller in diameter.

Andy.

brake line threads are different when i went to try it the other way(XD booster in XF)

didnt end up going any further but i'll back Gaz and Glenn on the subject

Threads are different ???  Don't reckon, Maybe brake lines weren't exactly 90 degrees to the master cyl.