Server maintenance Read more... ×
PapouGhia

Ford Xf Fairmont Ghia (Papou) - Rebuild/Help

Are they the right valve springs?

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

That’s the same part number crow cams have given me so going off there product number I’m pretty sure they are? If not feel free to roast me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just that it says they're for E-series (OHC) engines. I don't know enough about E-series engines to know what springs they use, but crossy engines use clevo valvesprings. Might want to clarify before buying.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

The Camtech cam you are talking about is what I suggested.

I doubt you will need new pushrods, retainers and locks. I also doubt you will need new valve springs, if you can check the ones you have and they are still ok I would use them. I have used std. pushrods, retainers, locks and springs with their 208deg at 50thou cam for years without issue (although I upgraded them when I added a turbo).

Also, the cam would work perfect with 2.77 gears and an auto, so reconsider your gears. 2.92-3.27 would be my recommendation with a T5.

Alright so been on and off the phone to quiet afew company’s! All saying the same stuff, only one with a slightly modified cam is camtech, the bloke even told me it’s probably not worth the money putting it in when a stock replacement would be ideal aswell, so verdict, I’m going to find a replacement cam, I’ll either go crow replacement but does that mean I need to grab the dg2 distributer drive? If I go factory replacement where can I go to get that and would I need a dg2 gear with the replacement, cheers all for your help, hope I have also helped afew our trying to change cams. EFI IS A NO GO ZONE WITH CHANGING CAMS DONT BOTHER. Replacement ones are your best bet. I’m still going to buy all the supporting gear but just run the replacement cam with it so atleast I know internals are all freshend up, cheers all. Anyone else able to send me the right springs aswell? Crow don’t have a listing either and don’t seem like they want to help over the phone...

Can someone confirm they are the right springs, I’ve rang crow cam and they are saying they are. Just. Or listed as crossflow for some reason cheers!

Don't use the crow timing gear set, use ROLLMASTER. Trust me.  

Jump onto precisions website and just get stock replacement springs, that way you won't need retainers and locks - unnecessary expense.  Same with pushrods, stock will be fine and if you can find some xc units you'll have an even stronger pushrods. 

Forget the unmbrella seals, they are junk. You will got the proper efi valve stem seals in the full gasket set. 

Yes if you got with a crow stock replacement cam then you will need the dg2 dizzy gear. It's got to do with the hardness of the aftermarket blanks.  Standard blanks are junk soft (why the drop lobes at will) hence they can run the junk soft dizzy gear. 

Don't use the crow timing gear set, use ROLLMASTER. Trust me.  

Jump onto precisions website and just get stock replacement springs, that way you won't need retainers and locks - unnecessary expense.  Same with pushrods, stock will be fine and if you can find some xc units you'll have an even stronger pushrods. 

Forget the unmbrella seals, they are junk. You will got the proper efi valve stem seals in the full gasket set. 

Yes if you got with a crow stock replacement cam then you will need the dg2 dizzy gear. It's got to do with the hardness of the aftermarket blanks.  Standard blanks are junk soft (why the drop lobes at will) hence they can run the junk soft dizzy gear. 

Cheers mate appreciate it :)

@ando76 do you think it’s best to get everything from them they do everything... or should I just get everything stock besides the cam and timing chain from crow and roll master?

Precision engines
Stock pushrods
Stock rocker arms kit
Lifters
Stock Valve springs
Gasket kit complete

Crow cam
Roll master timing chain
Dg2

Up to you mate, but as I said I'd be shopping around. Yep I'd get the dg2 from crow, but I'd source everything else seperately. Crow used to be very good, not so much now, particularly their springs.  I still buy my dg2's off them but rarely anything else.  The crow timing chain isn't a rollmaster. Just get a genuine rollmaster from eBay. There are a couple of sellers on their with new old stock. 

Alright I’ve gone overboard again I’ll send you photos when get a chance, about to order cam but what’s the difference between dg2 and dg2A thanks in advance!

8587db3f0cda1212c88dbbef6ef151e4.jpge53460a117cedaedf28fe26d730197d8.jpg

These are all the parts gathered today besides cam and distributor gear until I know which one I need for mine! Cheers all for help.