CHESTNUTXE

WINDSOR SMALLBLOCK TALK

yeah im pretty sold on the performer rpm but is there a air gap rpm performer ? any benifit really or just looks,i remember back in the late 80s i was telling everyone nah efi 302w dont fit normal carb manifolds cause heads are cast different lol,šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

The air gaps are suppose to be better for cooling??? I run a 1 inch spacer on mine, doubt Iā€™d notice any difference between the rpm and the rpm air gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still would like the weiand 174 blower kit ,thats why i havent bought pulleys or manifold yet,but at six grand plus atm with our shit dollar its silly,sometimes a near new unit comes up 4 sale for about 4k,and in america there is heaps for sale for about 2k.so i figure just build the short engine and figure it out.

Iā€™ve priced up a few 6-71 kits over the years, you wonā€™t get much change from about 8500, then it can be on the street.
It would be totally awesome to have a 6-71

Iā€™ve priced up a few 6-71 kits over the years, you wonā€™t get much change from about 8500, then it can be on the street.
It would be totally awesome to have a 6-71

Praise the Lord of the ringsa8b4ef12611fdcaea41f021227341336.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

next question is a arp waterpump/timing cover bolt set,there seems to be about 4 different ones ? the one i reckon will suit me is 1504 kit,suits early to mid 70s windsor,as im putting a early cover on it,and xy era waterpump left hand outlet.

next question is a arp waterpump/timing cover bolt set,there seems to be about 4 different ones ? the one i reckon will suit me is 1504 kit,suits early to mid 70s windsor,as im putting a early cover on it,and xy era waterpump left hand outlet.
Yep they are goodcbb690dea795c735582eae2a0fe930bb.jpg

Easy fix the vac line had come off the plastic T at the manifold. Love the easy fixes.

You would think ford would have soughted all that out after the xd came out

You would think ford would have soughted all that out after the xd came out

Ok no 1 about to go in,im taking more time assembling this engine 1b046187632895944865cd3ba5890068.jpgb9acd258db570afce54731ab32b5ada2.jpg

4 pistons in and all going to plan,motor turns nice and easy,more parts should start showing up next few days,this motor is a pearla,The CF cast on the block,is this a 302 cleveland ?šŸ¤£also near zero deck 005 maybeUrCbGudc_o.jpgtDHPMiH3_o.jpg15HprtKb_o.jpgGs4SFsEw_o.jpg

When my block was measured before being 0 decked it was like .005 at one end and .022 the other and the opposite on the other bank.

Factory machining wasnā€™t flash at all.

The 302 was always made in Cleveland, not all "Windsors" are made in Windsor. Not even sure if 302s ever were.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Yeah i think your right its the 351w that is a true windsor

If you have time start watching on YouTube the engine build and development by Kelly Racing for their new 302 mustang.

They start will an off the shelf Ford Motor Sport 4 boot block and then work there magic.

660-670 HP.

If you have time start watching on YouTube the engine build and development by Kelly Racing for their new 302 mustang.

They start will an off the shelf Ford Motor Sport 4 boot block and then work there magic.

660-670 HP.

I saw a bit of that the other day testing trumpets