MatthewXD302c

Any good carbys out there for my 302 Clevo

all you need is a 600 vaccum holley ,re-co $320 works good out of the box or new one $500 what manifold do you have,i assume you have the factory cast iron 2v item ,you will need an adaptor speadbore to squarebore around $70 ,forget old holleys from the wreckers it probly came off a boat.

all you need is a 600 vaccum holley ,re-co $320 works good out of the box or new one $500 what manifold do you have,i assume you have the factory cast iron 2v item ,you will need an adaptor speadbore to squarebore around $70 ,forget old holleys from the wreckers it probly came off a boat.

Not sure ill ask the old man tonight, if not ill have a look my self and find out. Thanks anyways, ill give you an update if i get it. we could have an adapter anyways. Thanks for the comment!

Is this it http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLLEY-600-VAC-SEC-4-BARREL-SQUARE-BORE-SUIT-MILD-FORD-XD-XE-V8-HO0-1850SA/361653787972?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3D2c26e79869714c218e15daee8868fe2f%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D361653789303 ?

Dont go over 600cfm, it's a waste on a 302/351. Car shop guys will talk you into 750, 850 cfm. These will just turn fuel into noise, by sucking $20 notes down the carby.

What's it running. now?  Why do you want to change it?  Economy, power, looks.?

Dont go over 600cfm, it's a waste on a 302/351. Car shop guys will talk you into 750, 850 cfm. These will just turn fuel into noise, by sucking $20 notes down the carby.

What's it running. now?  Why do you want to change it?  Economy, power, looks.?

We need a new one, shes not keeping up.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I'd look at a Quick Fuel Slayer 600 VSF over the holley,

has sight glass in fuel bowl, changeable air bleeds, rear jets, down leg boosters & VSF model has side feed fuel bowl (better fuel supply)

Holley has fixed air bleeds & no rear jets

Is $494.64 at VPW & will need something like a PFEFS2196S fuel rail.

http://vpw.com.au/Category/Index/484196

I'd look at a Quick Fuel Slayer 600 VSF over the holley,

has sight glass in fuel bowl, changeable air bleeds, rear jets, down leg boosters & VSF model has side feed fuel bowl (better fuel supply)

Holley has fixed air bleeds & no rear jets

Is $494.64 at VPW & will need something like a PFEFS2196S fuel rail.

http://vpw.com.au/Category/Index/484196

Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Another angle: I have a Street Demon 625 on my 302 and I can vouch for is advantages over other Holley-style carbys.

A modern revamp of the ThermoQuad, it has small primaries and big secondaries like a spreadbore but uses a squarebore bolt pattern.

They have great throttle response and mid-range, nice howl when the secondaries open, and very easy installation. They're Ford kickdown compatible, compensates on smaller engines by limiting how far the secondary valve opens, single fuel line (simple), available in a composite body to stop fuel boiling on hot days (big problem with metal carbys) and price is pretty good. They're actually owned by Holley anyway.

Not flying the flag for them per se and I know the good old 4150 type Holley is tried and true, but quite a lot of tuning knowledge is needed to get them to run well. I believe these Street Demons are the best bolt-on and go carby on a mild street engine, which is right down your alley.

I have a thread that goes into detail about my experience with the 625.

http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/topic/6181-Holley-Street-Demon-1901

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Another angle: I have a Street Demon 625 on my 302 and I can vouch for is advantages over other Holley-style carbys.

A modern revamp of the ThermoQuad, it has small primaries and big secondaries like a spreadbore but uses a squarebore bolt pattern.

They have great throttle response and mid-range, nice howl when the secondaries open, and very easy installation. They're Ford kickdown compatible, compensates on smaller engines by limiting how far the secondary valve opens, single fuel line (simple), available in a composite body to stop fuel boiling on hot days (big problem with metal carbys) and price is pretty good. They're actually owned by Holley anyway.

Not flying the flag for them per se and I know the good old 4150 type Holley is tried and true, but quite a lot of tuning knowledge is needed to get them to run well. I believe these Street Demons are the best bolt-on and go carby on a mild street engine, which is right down your alley.

I have a thread that goes into detail about my experience with the 625.

http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/topic/6181-Holley-Street-Demon-1901

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, ill do some research on them!

my mild 302 goes well with a 600 vac second, purple spring in the secondaries and 63 primary jets.

heavy car though , ZJ fairlane.