dazza

what diff to use

Hi I'm build a XD drag car running a 250 crossflow engine no injection or forced induction, I'm trying to decide what diff to run and what ratio. I think a 9 inch would be to big and heavy.  Would an xr6 turbo diff out of a BA or BF ute fit and XD.  

Are you going to use a transbrake or foot brake the car ? If no put a E series wagon diff in it and you will not brake it.Thats what I use and mine shows as good as 400hp @ the crank to run 115mph plus.Mine runs 31 spline Strange axles and a full spool with a diff hat girdle and is swinging off a tri angle 4 link but other wise I started with a the ED wagon diff and never broke it but I up graded internals when I went to a full spool. 

Foot brake at this stage with leaf spring rear I want to upgrade to disc's on the rear and I'm looking for a starting point and I can go from there. I was told an xr 6 turbo limo diff out of a ba or bf would fit. What ratio would be a good place to start. Does the ed rear end have dics and did they come out with lsd.

Go with the ED bud...right length and yes they all have disc's. You don't want a LSD you want a spool cos a LSD WILL flog out and cause issues. From my findings anyway so mini or full spool and depending on RPM HP torque cam convertor and tyre size will determine gearing.

I use 4:11 gears with a 26.2" tyre and the car see's 6700-6800 over the line.   

All e series have disk rear, au to current falcon have a 30mm wider diff Than xa- el e series from ea series 2 ( easy to tell by the flat flange on the front of the diff ) to el have 28 spline axles and 4 pinion centers

I have a ED diff LSD in 4.11s blow the brakets  off it and fit leaf pads and it will work in yours

use to be on my XR before I boosted then I want back to 3.0s so it would not blow the tyres away as it came on boost

I have found an ed diff and tail shaft now can any one tell me do all c4 boxes need a 28tooth yoke to adapt the tail shaft ?

First things first,is yours a sedan or ute? If sedan you need a sedan tailshaft if ute you need a wagon or ute tailshaft.

2nd the tail shaft will fit in your C4...I use a XH ute tail shaft as it's steel which TBH is a better option over the alloy units if you are planning on racing it.

Xd sedan, the car is unregistered  as it has been fully stripped out and lightened with a 6 point cage. I have found a good ED diff out of a station wagon, now I need the tail shaft .

Xd sedan, the car is unregistered  as it has been fully stripped out and lightened with a 6 point cage. I have found a good ED diff out of a station wagon, now I need the tail shaft .

All you need is a ed-el sedan drive shaft...until you make enough power to break it.

Going from a drum rear end to a dics rear end do I need to change the brake master cylinder or can I use the standard one ?

Going from a drum rear end to a dics rear end do I need to change the brake master cylinder or can I use the standard one ?

I did this in my wags and found out that the master has no check valve, so yes the standard one will work.