dusty_ben

Carbied 4litre

Old Gaz has and I think you flip the dizzy gear over on em or if you are going to use a MSD of ANY kind which would seriously help the car use a EL TFI dizzy and MSD and you have a locked hall's effect dizzy ready to kill tyres. Or the other guys will tell you to get a programmable and do timing curves for it.

Dizzy gear flipping a crossy dizzy gear to fit the dizzy to a 4L...... very bad idea. Everytime I see this done they end up farkin the oil pump drive.

They are not the same.

Use a 4L dizzy and a programmable MSD 6AL2.

Thats if you want to run carby and be done with the factory computer.

Base timing for 4L is always 10btdc, so you can go from there.

Unsure how far advanced they will go standard before they ping.

Sure someone here can tell ya. :)

Personally, if its a skid pig find something like a crossy or earlier V8 and save yaself a lot of $$$ and farkin around.

Jack.

Sent from my GT-S7583T using Tapatalk

Yep. I'd stick with the 4.0l dizzy and make it talk to an MSD. Locked or programmable. Those 4.0l go pretty hard. Had an injected one in the (very) old skid pig. Actually still have it. I used ef bottom end, Au vct head and broadband manifold (it was a pvan so it had log) re-ground big lumpy stick and had chip torque do a custom chip for it. Man it went hard.

About to give it to pogo but we will convert it to carb as above. I already have an aussiespeed 4.0l manifold here.

Just saw the Aussie speed exchange dizzy a are cheaper than I remember. Might just buy one of those. We have everything to build it at home. Low km au shirt motor. Massively ported tickford head. Ea manifold modified for a 350. Extractors so might just chuck it together n hope for the best.

Just gotta sort out a auto

They restrict us to a 350 Holley and visually standard manifold in modifies sedans for a reason. They know if we were allowed 4 barrels and a decent manifold - no one would catch us. Fletch beat 60 of the biggest and best cars in the country at the recent kings Royal in Kingaroy. A $10,000 pay day. Imagine if he was allowed to run a four barrel.

Hence my agreement with Rob.

I habe everything to run 350 ATM n the brother is a first year apprentice do can't justify the expense unless we find a cheap second hand one. I agree 100% to what I guys are saying though.

Just use the stock e series dizzy run the stock coil n simply delete the efi its not that hard the dizzy only supplies the spark . the efi is timed off it so .u really only need to remove efi an fit carb n manifold yul be fine