Mustardxf

Oil catch can

I've got the $20 ebay special on mine, no baffling or anything, just a sealed can. Does the job - holds the vacuum fine and the oil just falls into the bottom of can instead of getting sucked into the intake. Just butchered the mounting plate a bit and attached it to one of the bolts sticking out near the heater core, hasn't moved at all. Looks a bit cluttered next to the carbon canister with all the air con stuff there too though, hoses running everywhere :blink:

Almost a stock engine but was getting heaps of blowby (from sitting for years I guess). Found it actually helped much more than I expected it to in terms of throttle response and making the engine sound healthier, less bogging etc. Can't say if a more expensive one would be better but I have no complaints about this one so far and it shouldn't get defected on the off chance the bonnet gets popped on the side of the road.

That's very similar to what I have, just be aware that plastic hose probably isn't rated for oil and those hose clamps will be shit (ask me how I know :lol:).

Maybe one of the others can chime in here but IIRC the PCV valve needs vacuum from the manifold to work properly.

Oh I know I need to plumb it into the manifold for vacuum, i was meant to say I don't just want to feed it from the pcv straight to the manifold. doesn't worry me if it has a catch can in-between.

Why do you need one? ive had/have touns of tough crossys and the only 3 that have ever needed then are my boosted ones and even then im still unsure if I could plumb a pcv up as there 1 way

Why do you need one? ive had/have touns of tough crossys and the only 3 that have ever needed then are my boosted ones and even then im still unsure if I could plumb a pcv up as there 1 way

I don't want a oily intake and shit