xwagon

295/50/15 tyre on a 8.5 rim??

It will be tight, you may struggle to find tyre shops willing to do it if you take your car to them and although bloody unlikely Insurance may kick up a stink if you crash or are at fault in a bingle.

I've seen 305 on a 8 inch rim but looked pretty strange on a street car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the tyre shop that fitted it is at risk too. I know tyrepower has refused to fit some 275s on a 8 inch rim I asked for. Only way they would was me sign a disclaimer and I they would not fit it to the car. My was for circuit racing anyway so not for road use. Like you said allot of people do it just like spacers. Still way way better that running on no tread at all which endangers every road user. Think of the positives. The amount of cars I follow with one half the tyre bald if amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do know if your involved in an accident and someone dies even not your fault you will be picking up soaps with a new boyfriend. Insurance won't pay either

Lol,the f100 passed a rwc with those on,but go on about how I'm going to jail.

Depending on where you are it may or may not be legal,but to answer the question yes it can be done and given how much work my f truck does it's certainly safe if it isn't legal.

Saying I'd go to jail if i was in a stack is a very simple way to look at it.If it could be proven i caused it specifically because of so called illegal tyres then possibly, but not if something happened that wasn't my fault (unless I had a very stupid lawyer).

All the guys running holleys on cars after xa's must be shaking in their boots,they're all baby killers too by that logic,and i know baby killers my xd wagon runs purely on baby's.

insurance companies will find anything not to pay out claims. You are rigth 95% of older cars probably are illegal in some way or another. But if you have tyre blow out and you run into another car then guess what, it's probably soap time especially if you have a crapy lawyer lol

So i was being somewhat facieous mith my last reply,but yes my point was just about every old car would be able to be defected if you wanted to,and you don't see blokes going to jail for little crap like oversized tyres,you're just scare mongering suggesting it.

As far as insurance goes,if something goes wrong you will be dealing with an assessor.In my experience dealing with assesors (I grew up working in the smash repair industry and made a few claims myself as a young bloke) 99%don't know their ass from their elbow. I had a silhouette gts skyline many moons ago, I had three at fault claims in 18 months (i was an awesome driver on my p's),the car got assessed by 3 different assesors and not one picked up that I only had it insured as a silhouette. In ford terms that would be like having your fpv f6 insured as an xr6,most are too ignorant to notice or don't want to deal with the irate customers if they knock them back.

So in answer to the question asked,yes they will fit,yes they will be fine,and not that it was asked but they may be illegal but in my experience no one cares or my f100 would have defected long ago,and yes there is a very slim chance an insurance company may reject a claim because of them but it would be extremely unlikely.