Mustardxf

really bad takeoff in 1st gear.

I had the best results by setting the primary the same as gerg, Then putting the carb up to light and adjusting the secondaries so the same amount of light coming through the primary butterflys is coming from the secondaries. Like gerg said if you adjust the secondaries to see the transfer slot they will be open to much. I had to pull the carb off a few times to get it so I had good adjustment each way at the screw.

Yeah mech sec Holleys are a whole different dimension, and something I've never touched myself. A lot more freedom in tuneability but need a lot of work to be a street carby you can live with daily.

took the carb off and the little grub screw that sets the secondary butterflies is seized in. 

going for a exhaust Tuesday so Ill leave it how it is till I take it to a dyno to get tuned.

Mine with a 270 degree flat tappet and 3" DiFillipo muffler. Exhaust is right to the rear valance there but all but hidden. Was a 4 barrel ACL slugged engine at this stage...till the fuel pump stopped liking the pistons.  

UPDATE:

Fixed my carb so It doesn't idle high.

Put 32 degrees of timing in it.
idling between 700-780rpm.

doesn't run on anymore either.

and boy does it get up and move, even with the high diff gears (2.77's) it power skids with ease. (Y)

Yeah Im excited for the 3.45s, surprised how responsive it is with the 2.77s!

Should be a lot of fun

The reason is because the crossflow produces so much torque it can easily move the car with taller gears.

If you haven't got those gears yet, I'd advise against getting that short a ratio in a manual. You'll be changing gears all the time like it's a Kenworth instead of powering on smoothly and swiftly like a crossy is good for. With those gears you'll easily be able to take off in second gear like it's first, meaning actual first is useless for anything except hillstarts.

Box Falcons are pretty light so can handle tall gears on take-off. My Corty had a V8 ratio single rail with 2.92 gears and I would always see equivalent cars off at the lights just on gearchanges alone. I know Cortys are lighter still but you get the drift. I'd recommend 3.08s if you can get them.