Trent250

Need help TFI dizzy and msd6al-2 programable

Hi guys, this has probably been discussed before but I can't find much info on it..

I have a TFI dizzy that I need to fit along with the msd 6al-2 programmable box..

Has anyone done this before? Is so how u wired it up would be great...

I'm going to be trying to do it in a few weeks so need to see what I have to do..

Cheers..

Ahh yes cheers rob, so im guessing this would be the best way of ignition because you could alter the way the advance comes in and where?

That's the entire reason for going programmable, you eliminate all factory advance weights/vac advance by locking the dizzy and dialing in your own curve to whatever your engine wants. This is great for street/performance engines but race engines such as the ones Sly mentioned like straight-timed (or "locked") dizzys because of the burn characteristics of a big cam, big comp engine.

That said, even a race donk can take a bit of a curve if you want to fine-tune the lower rpm band.

I've been talking to a local guy who races 250 crossflow and he said the TFI dizzy isn't worth the hassle as the module dies very quickly...

So my question is, what's the difference between a TFI dizzy with the module removed so 3 wires and the dizzy with 2 wires coming out of it?

There both electronic so is there any difference between the dizzy it's self?

Cheers

Trent 250 - time to start listening to the people on this forum that actually know what they are talking about like Rob and dare I say me.

READ the thread "need help, missing high performance crossflow".  The author of that thread is no newbie wantabe and has been racing for a damn long time.  I spoke with him personally so I know his credentials.  He tried everything to make the XE style dizzy work - as most people - including me, have done.  Put simply - THEY ARE USELESS IN ANYTHING BUT A STANDARD APPLICATION.

He went to TFI and guess what - problem solved.  Notice how he is no longer contributing to the thread - That is because he fixed the issue.  He is not a big forum person and only joined as he had tried everything to make the XE style dizzy work and in desperation he turned to this very forum and LISTENED and TOOK the advice of those in the know and look - No more problems.

I know its hard knowing who to trust sometimes BUT mate you need to TRUST the people on here.  We are here to help and we HAVE some of the toughest x-flow in the country under our belts. 

Trent 250 - time to start listening to the people on this forum that actually know what they are talking about like Rob and dare I say me.

READ the thread "need help, missing high performance crossflow".  The author of that thread is no newbie wantabe and has been racing for a damn long time.  I spoke with him personally so I know his credentials.  He tried everything to make the XE style dizzy work - as most people - including me, have done.  Put simply - THEY ARE USELESS IN ANYTHING BUT A STANDARD APPLICATION.

He went to TFI and guess what - problem solved.  Notice how he is no longer contributing to the thread - That is because he fixed the issue.  He is not a big forum person and only joined as he had tried everything to make the XE style dizzy work and in desperation he turned to this very forum and LISTENED and TOOK the advice of those in the know and look - No more problems.

I know its hard knowing who to trust sometimes BUT mate you need to TRUST the people on here.  We are here to help and we HAVE some of the toughest x-flow in the country under our belts.

It makes sence and thanks for explaining it...

I think I have the est dizzy atm so do u guys reckon I should look for a TFI dizzy and remove the module and hook it up from there?

Cheers

If I'm running the est atm, what has to be done to change it over to TFI? I'm not running msd yet so just which wires go where...

I might do that first if it's not too much trouble then msd..

I've decided to go the TFI dizzy and rip the module of the side and just have the 3 wire...

How have u guys connected it, like a plug or something? Also how do I water proof it...

Cheers