Sign in to follow this  
Mr Polson

XF Fuel Injectors not receiving power

So in my attempts to get my wagon running I've discovered that I'm not getting power to the fuel injectors.

I have fuel pressure, but after removing the rail and having someone else crank the motor, no fuel was being injected by any of the injectors.

Anywhere specific I should look? All the plugs in the engine bay are connected.

How do I check if getting pulse from dizzy?

What do you mean by earthing the injectors? Don't they just earth via the wiring?

I'm a noob when it comes to the EFI side of the motor, I understand the mechanics and the basics but that's about all :/

Checked the injector loom and there's no earth on it, just three wires and it's a three wire plug.

Checked the wiring diagram and definitely no earth. Runs via the EFI engine relay though, maybe that's faulty, or there's a break in the wires somewhere between that and the injectors?

3 wires, 2 are switch earths for bank 1 and 2 and one should be 12v live when ign is on (From memory... could be wrong :S )

Pull your fuel return line off from the fuel regulator and run it into a container, then turn ign on, when the pump primes you should develop pressure. prim again and fuel should bypass into the container. If it does not then check you fuel lines, In tank and external, and your fuel pump.

Disconnect one of your injectors and put a multimeter across the contacts. Turn the ign on and you should see the voltage on the multimeter fluctuate during the priming pulse. If it does no then it might not be switching and you might have an electrical issue.

Might be ya fuel pump relay Polson, other wise bank 1 goes to PIN 58 on the ECU and bank 2 goes to PIN 59 on the ECU, but they both trigger from the Fuel pump relay. Fuel pump relay resistance should be around 60 ohm. Injectors individual 16.2 ohm Bank 1 or 2 tested as a bank 5.4 ohm(3 injectors in Parallel) Also check K.O.E.O voltage should be 12V for injectors thats measured at Pin 58 and Pin 59, Vpower relay is pin 57. Can only be a relay, wiring harness or ECU. Jack.

No injector pulse from the sounds. Try another TFI module or complete dizzy. Could possibly be ecu or damaged wiring too.

Considering it all ran OK in the other car I'd try another tfi or dizzy.

Stupid fucking bloody LPG and LPG wiring!!!

Found the problem after closely looking at the loom off the injector plug, followed a few wires and found two that ran off and just ended.

Joined them together and used a test light on the injector plugs, had 12V, so cranked the motor and she started!!

:D