Sign in to follow this  
Stumps

How much power will an ADM Weber reliably support.

As the title states I'm looking into carbs for my cortina and due to past experiences with 350 holleys, mostly lack lustre and thirsty I'm looking at the ADM weber as I have used these before on mostly stock engines and found them to be an honest and reliable carb with good economy.

How do they fare on cammed up engines? How much power can be had from them reliably?

Yeah Stumps, Stumper has pretty much nailed the webber modding. Hack a little here and chop a little there and you will whittle away and get some good results. Sorry couldn't resist.

Stumps check out this thread for all the details for modding a webber by Stumper http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/topic/3579-budget-upgrades-for-the-diy/

I played with one a little while ago on a very basic engine I got 163hp and it was running out of fuel im sure a few tweaks would have seen more but that was it for it in stock form

I went to a 465 holley and then seen 174 hp as it was out of the box ron fiddled it on the rollers ad got it to 184 was such a fun little car that one still have that engine in the shed

Yeah i'm looking for about 200 bhp from the six in my TE, I've got a reco'd ADM from an XE in shed that I'm gunna fit just to get rid of the holley.

I am going to start picking up some four barrel bits so I can stick one on after I get every thing else sorted and the car has rego on it.