Sign in to follow this  
blackxt

Clutch opinions .

I'm building a new motor for my ute , this engine combo goes around 220hp . But I'll be running on LPG , I'm thinking I'll just get a heavy duty clutch but I'm not sure how it will go. I do use the car for towing . What do people think .

I had my EF flywheel lightened and drilled for a 6-bolt heavy duty clutch which i think is the same as a late Windsor. Including clutch kit it was about $600 all up. Clutch felt good to use, nice take-up. Had it for about 4 years without drama before retiring the car.

Some dam good clutchs for 4litres around we run a exedy HD one in daves ute man we have pulled ships with that thing and never a issue

The issue you have with a nasty cluch is the take up, one that does not go to poo with a slip is the one you want. The one in mine will not shudder the car even if its hot pulling a trailer. how much you slip the clutch depends on gearing if it pulls a trailer 3.5s or lower is the go

I spoke with a clutch guru, and with my engine (windsor) with 164 tooth 50oz flywheel I went with a heavy duty clutch kit for the f series/bronco trucks, which in a light XD with 3:45 gears shouldn't give me any issues.