Nath

XD Sedan Radio

Finally got the clock from the Fairlane, busted 2 drill bits doing it. Why on earth anyone would want to rivet it in it beyond me.

Seems to be the XE version - 4 pins in a line, VDO clock.

Haven't been able to get the fascia from my centre console off yet (choke and hazard lights are a pain... Unsure how to get it off), but I can't see any wiring behind there... Uh oh.

Am going to rip the entire dash from the ZK this weekend so I can get at the loom to pull the wiring for the clock off.

20141114_184315_zpsf302e267.jpg

Did you get the fascia off ok?

From memory the choke knob has the little 'white coloured' piece in it you 'push in' then the knob just pulls off,

then just undo the nut behind it and that should be it i think the hazzard light switch is the same?

Going back to the 6x9's in the rear parcel tray, this is my end result, fits like a glove and when bolted down at the front with some small

mounting hardwear makes a great base for sound. I decorated mine with a Falcon badge off an EF Falcon and a smidge bit of glue.

033-1.jpg

And from the other side, i just bought a cheap arse yoga mat from big w and spray glued it (like the black carpet) to it to absorb vibration between it

and the MDF its made from on the steel parcel shelf.

Its ready to go back in permanently any time now. 

048.jpg

The MDF doesn't touch the glass back window and is a tad smaller than the original due to it not 'flexing' making fitting easy and the black carpet hides

this fact. 

Haven't gotten around to doing any of the XD interior yet, gonna do it all at once (dash, steering wheel, radio, clock, wiring) when the temp gauge comes back. The fascia is still on, but with what you said I might have a crack at it tomorrow afternoon. Got a feeling that getting this clock wired up is going to be a pain.

Been busy trying to rip the fairlane apart.

That shelf looks awesome, good idea with the yoga mat. Haven't properly checked but I may be able to use the parcel shelf from the ZK and just cut that up, saves me having to start from scratch if everything fits.

I decorated mine with a Falcon badge off an EF Falcon and a smidge bit of glue.

033-1.jpg

Hate to break it to you Steve............. :P  but that's an EL 'Falcon' badge you've got there  - denoted by the square script/font.

The EF 'Falcon' badges, were made with a slanted 'italic's' type font.

From memory the choke knob has the little 'white coloured' piece in it you 'push in' then the knob just pulls off,

then just undo the nut behind it and that should be it i think the hazzard light switch is the same?

My choke in the van the end of the knob was a cover and came off or is mine a diff setup but the hazzard had the white button

Hate to break it to you Steve............. :P  but that's an EL 'Falcon' badge you've got there  - denoted by the square script/font.

The EF 'Falcon' badges, were made with a slanted 'italic's' type font.

Sparky, your right i did take this off a EL Falcon, the car is sitting under my bedroom window and been there a couple

of years and should of remembered what it was, anyway you get the idea.

My choke in the van the end of the knob was a cover and came off or is mine a diff setup but the hazzard had the white button

And, your right on the money here to, id forgotten about the 'little cover on the choke knob' that comes off to reveal a

small nut that holds it in place. Perhaps i was thinking of the headlight switch knob to that has the little white button?

Anyway, thanks for the memory jog, now i look like a knob  :D  hahahahahahahaa

And, your right on the money here to, id forgotten about the 'little cover on the choke knob' that comes off to reveal a

small nut that holds it in place. Perhaps i was thinking of the headlight switch knob to that has the little white button?

Anyway, thanks for the memory jog, now i look like a knob  :D  hahahahahahahaa

All cool just wasn't sure thats why i asked

Got it off, had a look behind there and can't see any wiring to connect any type of clock.

20141128_174033_zps5e1ff783.jpg

All the coloured far left ones are for the hazard light switch, The coloured middle ones go up to the radio.

No idea what the big black one on the left, or the 2 white ones near it do, or the ones on the far right going up/down. Assuming they're for the fan/a/c/heater or whatever.

In any case, there's nothing that remotely looks like it would be for the clock. Unlucky, looks like I'm gonna have to rip all the clock wiring from the ZK.

Ahk, thanks.

Will have a crack at it when I install the radio which will probably be next weekend or the one after. For now the clock can just be purely for decoration.