Sign in to follow this  
bear351c

XA,XB,XC B45 Simmons offset sizes?

Hi all,

Got some B45's in the shed, offset is shallow to suit EF/EL ? Falcon, would like to change offset to suit deep dish on an XA Sedan. Anyone wearing these, who could measure back space/offset for me?

Need to troll around the auction sites for the correct offset for 16" rims. Any ideas on max width tyre/rim combo? 

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

Looking at those rims they have a front wheel drive offset which is +35 or more ie AU onwards. E series is +6 which would put the mounting surface a lot closer to the centre of the rim. I'll go out on a limb and say the ones in your pics are 16x8 with +42 offset

I bought a set of simmons with an offset like yours mate. Definitely didn't fit on xf as they were more like au offset of +35mm. With basically no dish on them they are going to hit on top and bottom ball joints.

So a simple way to measure offset is to lay the wheel on a piece of carpet, face down and put a straight edge across the tyre on the dirty side. Measure through the spokes from the carpet to the bottom of the straight edge which should be roughly say 240mm then half that measurement =120mm then measure from the bottom of the straight edge to where the stud holes are on the dirty side. This will prob be roughly 155mm. The 120mm is the measurement halfway across the width of the rim and if your measurement from the rim to where the rim mounts to the studs is 155mm then your offset is +35mm get it? 155mm-120mm = 35mm sorry but it's hard to explain without pics and I'm not a genius so hopefully you can make sence of it.

Thanks guys, perhaps my original post was misleading. I dont want this offset, but, want to know which offset will fit on my XA sedan. So, I can go searching for some Simmons inner and outer rings. Will be keeping the B45 centres.

Sorry mate. Yeah the only difference between wheels from xy to ef was the centre bore size. I do believe your xa will be small bore and these wheels being for Au onwards it will have the big hole which will require using a locating ring which can be had at any good tyre place. Offset was all the same from xy to ef at +6mm (although Im sure someone will correct me as I believe xy had +5.5mm as its actually an imperial measurement or something like that) so on an 8 inch rim there should be around 4 1/4 inches from mounting surface to rear of rim. Then measure how far the mounting surface is from the face where the centre attaches to the ring and that will tell you how wide the rear ring needs to be.

Maybe send Ants a pm as he has them on his xe and he might measure the rings for you.

depends how wide you want the wheels.

usually on simmons, i see the back half with .5" extra width

ex: 16x7  inners of 3.75" outers of 3.25" on a 225/50/16 tyre that works perfect on the front end.

i know that combo works first hand. you can go down to a .25" difference with ease (thats 6.35mm) with good clearance of front guards.

Thanks, mate. Just looking for nice deep dish on the back, driveable on the front. 265 or so on the rear tyre, and 215-225 on the fronts. Daily driver, no track work, etc.....

(PM sent to Ants.)

Sorry man haven't been home in daylight after work and the xe isn't in the shed. Should be right for tomorrow night.

265/16s can prove very hard to find, I'd have a hunt for tyres before you decide on size.

Wasn't pushing mate, haven't even got the XA rego'ed yet>!! No rush at all.

Yeah, tyres may be an issue, which is why I'm looking at rims/tyres/sizes now. Just happened to have the B45's,  and love the deep dish look (as on your XE). Want to start looking around, for correct offsets, whether I should sell the Simmons and buy whole different set, all that sort of stuff.

All good mate.

I'd go a little smaller on the front on another xdef, but they might be ok on xa because i think from memory they have more room. Measuring them up on my xb might be a good excuse to see how they suit it ;)