dizzy616

el-au hybrid motor

okay so it appears my new block is a hybrid motor.
so it looks like i can get away with a dizzy in the block.
i was wondering are these blocks non vct?
would it be more cost effective in the long run to use the au head? are the au heads actually any better?
mine appears to have a steel sump. so if im correct. i should still be able to stick it in a xf with no sump mods?
what are things i need to worry about with this motor? as i want to just do a straight swap.
run it all on xf wiring loom. like im doing with the current sohc. put the old manifold on the block and old exhaust system. and run my gas system. distributor. coil etc
so basicly everything i am using at the moment. to run my 3.9 in the xf. swapped over to run the hybrid motor
will it work?

The crank is girdled, EF-EL head flows better stock than AU.  I relocate the coil pack from an EF on top of the rocker cover and ditch the dizzy.

They are non VCT.

The way you want to run it will work though.

cool as. Fark wish i didn't put all that money into a head and stick it on my 3.9 now. might see if i can do a swap with someone.
aren't they a au style crank and rods.
would a coilpack work with msd? as i got 6al2 on the way
but yeh i stuck a dizzy in the block. its got the hole and cog all looks like it should work. just needed to make sure.

early au crank, el rods and pistons, au head... thats basically all a hybrid is, got one in my eb atm

dizzy is fine, thats what i'm running with log manifold and eb loom

Just did a rocker cover gasket, on the Hybrid Motor in my Dad's EL. it's an August 98 build from memory.

It has a 96DA head, with the beehive springs, smaller 7mm valve stems and AU spec 1.7:1 rocker ratio / cam.

We've had it since new.......the engine had never been opened, before I did the rocker cover gasket.